Chapter Thirteen: Nico di Angelo and Some Vicious Exploding Teacups

Start from the beginning

"Love witches, I'm Arlo." He shakes Nico's hand, Nico shakes his back but he wishes he didn't have to. He hated the thought of taking a humans life, even before, they were annoying yes, but they didn't deserve to die. But now after knowing Percy for two months and becoming close with his family and friends, he realised that while they were different to the supernatural, humans were incredibly incinerate, deeper and interesting creatures.

"What are you thinking?" An upside down face appears in front of his, Alice, who soon spins around to be upright in front of him.

"Nothing." Nico replies, she gives him a confused look them giggles and presents him with something. A large, black rat but half its face is missing, a gaping hole where he can see the skull and spinal cord. Nico jumps back making her laugh even more.

"I found this behind the bookshelf, it's alright, and he won't be sticking the place up now!" She giggles, Nico does mildly realise that they've been wondering about the smell but it had been in the potions area and those tend to spell of failed potions so they'd put up a barrier to stop it from being too strong, "you want him? I called him Lysander because it's a character from my favourite Shakespeare play!"

"You're a necromancer, aren't you?" Nico says ignoring the rat as best he can which has started leaking some kind of gloppy bloody-pus out of its remaining eye. He glances briefly at the rat, it seems calm, even nestling into her hands slightly. The wounds are slowly vanishing and he realises just how powerful of a necromancer she is, the rat's not in pain or in a zombie state, it's completely fine and is slowly starting to look normal again.

He finally understands what Hazel had meant when she said they could kill Percy over and over.

"You want him?" She asks smiling proudly, he shakes his head and she pouts before struggling and snapping the rat's neck. She holds him up by the tail, he sighs and clicks his fingers, it bursts into purple flames and burns up into nothing.

"I like you." She says suddenly, Nico cringes away, it's not a mutual feeling but she smiles at him and flies away. Her wings smell of rotting flesh.

Nico sighs and wishes he was with Percy, maybe even Annabeth and Grover. That would be far less complicated then dealing with a slightly crazy necromancer, a grumpy Snake-Man and a vampire.

He glances to Bianca but meets Thalia's eyes instead, her face is hard but he sees the fear in her eyes and understands why pretty fast. Arlo is standing above her with his fangs bared, inching towards her collar. His hands are wrapped around her mouth and throat, preventing her from doing anything. Nico suddenly feels so sick that it went this long without any realising, not even Bianca.

Nico lets out a snarl that shakes the room and suddenly Arlo is sent crashing into the wall and he's standing in front of Thalia with his wings spread out to their full length, a snarl falling from his lips and eyes leaking out a tiny bit of black goo in his anger.

"Back off." He warns, the male drops that expression and holds his hands up, taking a half step back. Nico can see Jason and Leo staring at him like embarrassed children but Hazel has lost her friendly expression, Bianca is by his side in a second but she's more focused on Thalia then she is the vampire. Her tail flares up and she's growling but pulling Thalia into her arms, a deadly look in her black eyes.

"Don't you dare touch her." Nico snarls, advancing on Arlo who lies on the floor. The room is shaking from his anger but he doesn't care, he's going to rip this vampire limb from limb.

"Nico, calm down." Hazel appears in front of him, she places a hand on his heart and stares up at him until his breathing slows and his wings become limp.

"Get out." Hazel hisses without looks away from Nico, her eyes glint dangerously.

"Haze-" Jason starts.

"Get out!" Hazel screams, her gold eyes light up in blinding gold. A teacup from the coffee table explodes in a flash of light, the shards fly across the room and in bed themselves into Arlo's skull, he crumples down but Jason helps him up.

The five guests leave in a hurry, Alice being the last, she gives them a nod, almost a respectful one and then they're gone.

"I'm so sorry." Bianca sobs into the silent room, Thalia hold her and gently breathes out 'it's okay.'

Hazel pulls Nico into a hug, Nico breaths out a shaky breath. He looks to Thalia who nods at him from Bianca tight and shaky embrace.

That was a bit darker than normal, sorry about that! What do you think of Opheliam, Alice and Arlo? Tell me what you want me to do with them/what you think would work best and I shall do my best to make everyone happy :) I already have a vague idea but I dunno if you'll like it.

Also! If you saw this chapter randomly it was because I accidentally published it when I'd only written a few paragraphs, but it's done now so hurrah! I hope you enjoyed the chapter though! :D

This chapter is dedicated to The__Minion because she's awesome and I just, you're comments made me smile so much and thank you, you're awesome and your profile picture is fucking adorable.

Love Percy xx