"Aye Jerome wassup man?" Frank asked taking a seat next to Jerome.

"Nothing man." He said shaking his head.

"Your girl already getting in people's ass." He said.

"Awe man. Don't even bring her up," Jerome shook his head. "I'm tired of her ass man. She keep asking me for money and not giving me anything in return."

"Dude you know her track record. I wouldn't do nothing more then smash and dash." He said earning a chuckle from his buddy.

"You probably right." Jerome said looking over the schedule placed on his desk. "Awe man."

"What?"

"I got Mr. White." He smacked and shook his head. "And for first period."

"Man you might not make it." Frank said.

"Naw I gotta make it man. I promised my mom I'd graduate. That's all I gotta do." He said. "I just gotta find someone to pay to help me pass."

"Better hit up one of them super smart kids." He nodded.

Grace took a seat in the front of her first period class and prepared to get the day over with. She ball rang and she took her notebook out ready to take notes on what was needed for her to be successful in the class. Veneer sat next to her.

"Surprised to say the competition looks lovely." He joked making Grace blush, even through the color of her skin. A bright red appeared to speed across her cheeks.

"Thank you Veneer." Grace colored the lines in on her paper to avoid eye contact. He gave her a bright smile and nudged her.

"Did I do that?" He asked referring to her rosy cheeks. She shook her head. "You don't have to lie." Grace bit her lip. "So you decided what college you want to go to?"

"Yeah," Grace nodded. "Howard."

"Awe great. Now I gotta compete with your ass over there." He said wrapping his arm around her shoulder and rocking her back and forth.

"Stop." Grace told him laughing. One particular late body caught her attention in the doorway. She caught Jerome Houston staring at her. Eye contaact was broken as soon as it was made when he went to go sit down. Grace sighed inwardly. She had a crush on him since the end of freshman year, but knew it would never happen.

"Awe man." Veneer said. "I didn't sign up to take this class with dummies. Wanna switch classes with me?"

"Please don't leave me in here," Grave pleaded. "I need this class and I don't want to be in here by myself."

"Fine, but only because I need to make sure your grades stay up." He joked. "Cannot have you slipping the last year."

"Same here." She told him.

Veneer was Grace's best and only friend. He was also ranked second in their class. He had a charming personality and was in a similar predicament to Grace. His skin was a tone darker then Grace's and he had brown eyes. He had nice waves and a defined jawline. He wore glasses, but that weren't nerdy looking. He was a couple inches taller than Grace, short for an 18 year old. He was fit and always wanted to be number one, he only slipped into number two because of weightlifting.

Jerome sat back in his seat next to Woodie. He bit his lip in thought of ways to get inside girls pants.

"Dude. Look at that ass." Woodie said as Grace stood up with Veneer preparing to leave. He packed his papers up also and balled them up throwing them in the trash.

"Yeah man," He outline her body with his hands. "I'd kill that pussy."

"She hanging with that square ass nigga Vienna." Woodie implied with humor added to his voice.

"Man it don't matter. As soon as she know what goes on here" Jerome pointed down. "She'll be trailing behind me like all these other bitches asking for some more."

"Alright man." They did their handshake and went there separate ways. Jerome walked past Grace and Veneer slowly trying catch a word of their conversation.

"Yeah, but my dad can't take me home can you please drop me off?" Grace politely begged Veneer.

"Not today I have somewhere to be after school I'm sorry." He said sadly.

"Well I guess I'm walking. I'll talk to you later." She waved to him and walked away.

The first day of senior year in Grace's last could've gone better. Same could be said for Jerome. Could it get better though? Possibly.