He Meets Your Parents

"How do I look!?!" Kellin asks nervously as he does a full turn in a very flattering tux. Tonight you and him were having dinner with your parents, it'll be the first time they've met him, as he's your boyfriend. He's extremely nervous.
You giggle at how cute he is before jumping up to kiss his forehead "You look absolutely gorgeous as always Kels!"
He smiles adorably "Seriously baby, this is a big deal for me."
You roll your eyes "I know, thats why Im being so very honest with you."
Kellin laughs "So I look alright then?"
You shake your head "No, you look like a fucking angel!"
He kisses you softly "Thank you baby, you look beautiful by the way."
You giggle and blush, spinning around in your knee length dark blue dress. "Thank you Kels! So, you ready?"
He shakes his head "What if they dont like me!?! They might stop me dating you! I wouldnt be able to live without you, oh fuck, Im so fucking screwed!"
You giggle and place a finger on his lips, silencing him. "Shhh Kels, Im sure they'll love you as much as I do...well, almost anyway!" You wink at him and grab his tie, pulling him towards you and smashing your mouth to his. "I know they'll love you."

The drive to your parents house was spent trying to convince Kellin that he looked fine and he wouldnt spill food on himself or swear accidentally because he fell over or something. He's such a worrier, its fucking adorable though! He parks the car in your parents driveway and takes a deep breath. You grab his hand and squeeze it reassuringly "Its gonna be fine Kels, calm down."
He looks at you with big eyes "Can I just ask you one thing?"
You nod "Sure, anything!"
Kellin takes another deep breath "I-If your parents dont like me and they told you to stop dating me, what would you do?"
You're thoughtful for a moment before shaking your head. "I'd tell them its my life, I choose who I date. I'd tell them I cant help who I fall inlove with, but Im so glad I fell for you because you're perfect to me and I love you with all my heart. If they then said they dont approve of you after that, I'd tell them to go fuck themselves and run out of the house with you."
A wide smile is plastered on Kellins face "Really? You'd do that?"
You nod frantically "Of course! I love you more than anything Kellin, my parents cant change that!"
He rests a hand on the side of your face and kisses you "I love you too (Y/N)."
You giggle and squeeze his hand "Lets go meet my parents!"
He takes a deep breath "Lets do this shit!" He opens the car do and jumps out, running around the car to open the door for you. He helps you out of the car because he's such a damn gentleman. Then he takes your hand again and you lead him to the front door of the place you used to call home. You notice the broken gnome on the front lawn and laugh, pointing to it. Kellin looks at it and smiles.
"Is that the gnome you told me about?" He asks curiously.
You nod "The one that my ex boyfriend smashed with his soccer ball and then blamed on me so I broke up with him and he's been begging for me back ever since? Yes, thats the exact gnome!"
Kellin laughs "Awesome! Im glad I got you before he could take you back!" He winks at you.
You lead him to the door and knock on it. Your mother opens it and squeals before pulling you both inside.
She smiles at Kellin. "He's a good looking kid (Y/N), you chose him well!"
Your father walks out "I'll be the judge of that!" He says, acting all tough.
Kellin gulps, you facepalm. "Dad, can you just not scare my boyfriend? Thanks."
Your dad laughs, the false butch act gone. "Ok fine! Hey there, Im (Y/D/N)!"
Kellin shakes his hand "Its nice to meet you sir."
Your dad shakes his head "No, none of that sir business, we arent formal at all in this house! Thats not to say you can canoodle in my house when Im not looking!" He winks.
You facepalm again "Dad, nobody says canoodle."
Your dad sticks his tongue out at you "Well I do!" They lead you to the table and you sit opposite them. Your mother served up dinner and you all tuck in.
"So Kellin-" your mother starts "you're in a band, arent you?"
Kellin nods and smiles "Thats right, Sleeping With Sirens."
Your mother gasps "I THOUGHT I RECOGNIZED YOU!!!" She turns to your dad "(Y/D/N) REMEMBER THAT BAND (Y/N) WAS OBSESSED WITH IN THE LAST YEAR SHE LIVED WITH US!?!?"
You facepalm as your dad gasps "OH YEAH!!!"
Your mother turns back to Kellin "(Y/N) was absolutely OBSESSED with your band Kellin! She had posters everywhere! She'd run around the house singing your songs at the top of her lungs! She named her hamster after you!"
Kellin laughs "Really!?!" He turns to you and smiles, amazed by what he's hearing. You just nod and sigh, you're already a bright shade of red.
Your parents both nod, your father continues "But she was a huge Michal Jackson fan as a teenager, she'd make life sized models of him and everything!" You cover your face with your hair, you do not want to be hearing this, you'd forgotten how embarrassing your parents were.
Your mother laughs "(Y/D/N) do you remember the time she invited a boy over at the age of 13, the boy was 10 or something, and she forced him to watch Thriller? The poor boy went home crying!"
"And the time a boy joined her class and his name was Michael! Oh lord!" Your father adds.
"And when he rejected her, oh she cried!" Your mother laughs.
You stand up from the table "Excuse me a moment." You say sharply before storming up to your old bedroom. Michael was everything to you as a teenager, you dont need to relive your first heart break, especially not infront of Kellin while your parents are laughing. You stand at your window and look out at the view you used to see everyday. Tears fall from your eyes, you're not entirely sure why. You feel arms wrap around your waist from behind and jump.
"Its only me baby, dont worry." Kellin says quietly.
You lean back against his chest "Hey Kels, sorry for ditching you."
He shakes his head "Its fine, I had a word with your parents."
You raise an eyebrow "What did you say?"
"I told them I thought that what they'd said had upset you and I didnt appreciate it. Then I came up here and found you." He explains.
You sigh "You're awesome Kels, thank you."
Kellin kisses your cheek from behind "Its fine baby, I think they hate me now though."
You shrug "It doesnt matter, it wont affect my feelings for you."
He sighs "Thats a relief."
You turn to face him and spot your old radio, you gasp and run over to it, looking through all the old CD's you'd left here. "Oh my god! The Terminator official soundtrack! Back To The Future soundtrack! Michael Jacksons greatest hits! Hell yeah!" You put Michael Jacksons greatest hits in and pray it works, when it does you select your favorite song: Man In The Mirror. Then you walk back over to Kellin and wrap your arms around his neck, he wraps his around your waist, and you sway in time with the music.

Once the song finished you hear applause from the doorway. You and Kellin jump apart in shock. Your parents laugh. Your mother smiles at you "We're very sorry if we upset you (Y/N), we didnt mean to."
You nod and smile at them "Its fine, thanks mom."
Your father winks at you "And, we really like you Kellin. You're a really nice guy and the way you spoke up about us upsetting (Y/N) showed some guts, we approve of your relationship."
Your mother raises an eyebrow "How do the kids say it these days? Oh yeah, we totally ship you two!"
You and Kellin laugh. You smile at your parents "Thank you."
Kellin takes your hand "This means so much to me, thank you."
"You better treat her right Kellin, or I'll be after you! I used to be in the army, I know people who could track you down in a heartbeat, remember that." Your dad winks at him.
"Ok I will!" Kellin laughs nervously before turning back to your mother. "The meal was lovely, thank you so much!"
She blushes "You're very welcome Kellin, Im glad you enjoyed it! We'll let you two love birds go now, have fun!" The part and let you through the door. You run out of the house, pulling Kellin with you, and jump into the car.
"See? I told you things would work out!" You say triumphantly on the way home.
Kellin laughs and takes your hand "Are you alright now baby?"
You nod "Much better now, thanks to you."
He smiles adorably "Awh, you're so cute baby!"
You sigh with relief "I love you so much Kellin."
He brings your hand to his lips and kisses it "I love you so much too (Y/N)."