One

"Have fun, don't be too crazy, and don't miss me too much." My best friend Payton says giving me a hug as I'm about to board my flight.  We hug for a long time, sad we wont be able to see each other for a while.

We pull away and we smile. "I will try not too. Good thing your visiting in two weeks. I just need to get away from everything." I tell her and she's nod.

"I understand, It's what's best for you at the moment, and I will see you soon." We do our little handshake, slapping each others hands, fist pumping, and end it off with a slap on the ass. We laugh before I go and give my big sister Riley a hug, as well as my parents.

"Have a safe flight, and call us as soon as you land in Houston, and as soon as you make it to New Jersey." My mom says. I nod my head before I was told it was time to board my plane. I was goodbye before handing a lady my boarding pass and getting on the plane and taking my seat.

I was so excited to get away from the ugly state of Oklahoma. Freshmen year stressed me out completely with drama between both the male and female species. I need a distraction from everything and everyone, and my parents thought living with my aunt and her family for the summer would be the perfect way.

As soon as the plane takes off, I put my headphones in and listened to music as I watched the view and slowly fell asleep.

-
I felt a light tap on my shoulder, waking me up from my sleep.

"Ma'am, we have arrived in Houston." I nod my head and thank the flight attendant for waking me. I walk through the terminal and find my way to the next gate.

I call my mom on the way over to it, and she sent me straight to voice mail.

"Hey mom. I made it to Houston, and I am on my way to the next gate. Love you a lot, Bye!" I say before locking my phone.

Time flew by as I was already boarding for my flight to New Jersey. This plane ride was a lot longer compared to the hour flight to Houston from Tulsa.

After we had reached a certain amount of feet in the air, a flight attendant pushing around a cart asks what I would like to drink. I just got water and a bag of pretzels. I was actually sitting next to a girl who looked about my age, but I didn't really say anything to her.

Then, I noticed she had been reading an old book I was forced to read in the seventh grade. Though I'm not complaining, It was a very good book and I'd like to say it's my favorite.

"That's a really good book. Are you enjoying it?" I ask. She looks up at me, her brown eyes blink before she nods.

"It's very interesting. I never thought I would be into a book like this." She laughs.

"Right? I was forced to read it, but turns out I really love it. They also have an Outsiders movie." I tell her and her eyes go wide. She tells me how she'll have to look for it because she'd love to watch. We end up talking about how it was filmed where I live, then that led us to where she's from, and then to why we are both going to New Jersey.

"I'm Hayden by the way." I tell her.

"I'm Grace. It was nice meeting you and talking to you. We should exchange numbers?" I agree and we switch phones giving each other our numbers. The rest of the flight went smooth, and I couldn't be happier to have landed in New Jersey.

-

"Aunt Macy! Emercyn!" I screamed running through the airport and hugging my aunt and cousin. I hadn't seen them in a good three years and It was about time I did.

"I've missed you so much Em. We have so much to talk about." I tell her.

"Definitely. Theres so much I need to tell you." I smile before we link arms like we use to when we were twelve and head to luggage claim.

Once we had gotten our bags, Aunt Macy takes us back to their home, telling me she will order pizza for us for dinner.

"So, Emercyn, your birthday is in two weeks. Do you have anything planned?" I ask her.

"Maybe a small get together with a few friends. You too, of course." I smile at the fact I get to meet her friends. I haven't met any of her new friends since she has moved here, but I can tell she has a lot of fun due to all her Instagram post.

We arrive at their house, and Emercyn leads me up the stairs showing me the room I will be staying in. Emercyn is an only child, so therefore, they had a bunch of rooms opens. Two being turned into two separate offices.

She shows me to a plain white room, with a full sized bed in it. "Mom said you can decorate if you'd like even though you're only staying for the summer." She tells me.

"Thanks Em." I hug her before setting my luggage on the bed. "So, any boyfriends? Enemies? Really bomb ass friends I may enjoy?" I ask her and she laughs, sitting on the bed.

"Well, I am talking to someone. I don't have enemies, but there are some people I despise. You'll love my friends. They are really cool and sweet. I can't wait for you to meet them." She tells me. I smile getting excited for new friends and the fact that I get to spend time with my favorite cousin, just like when we were little.

After Emercyn had moved away, I had to make more friends. Emercyn was like my best friend. Sure we were related, but I'd rather spend my days arguing with her over barbie dolls then having fake friends who weren't always gonna be there for me.

"And When will I get to meet them?" I ask.

"Well a bunch of my friends are having a bonfire on the shore tonight. I told them I couldn't come cause I didn't think you'd be up to it after a long flight, but I'm sure we could still go if you'd like." Emercyn says getting up.

"We should, Just let me change out of this hideous outfit." I say scrunching my nose and she laughs before leaving the room.

I get into my luggage and grab a pair of jean shorts that had holes in them. I put on a black crop top tank top on, and a gray sweatshirt incase it got cold.

I pat myself on the back for making an effort to put on make up and straighten my hair before my flight this morning.

I slip on my pali sandals and grab my purse and phone before leaving my room to find Em.

When I reach her, we walk down stairs to find pizza.

"Eat up so we I can drop you off." Aunt Macy says. We both look at each other and smirk before grabbing the boxes and bring them with us to the car.

"You girls are crazy." Aunt Macy says before starting the car. The beach was a good thirty minutes away, so we enjoyed our little pizza party in the back seat of my aunts car.

----------------------------------------------

A/N: So this is my first chapter .... auhhhhhh. Hope you guys enjoyed this. I have HUGE plans for this book. And I really hope as well that this book is something people can relate off of. High School is really not as fun or as great as it seems for some people, so those of you who feel stresses out all the time, maybe this is something you can relate to.

enjoy.

lot's of love - T.