Chapter 8: She Got Kayla High

Start from the beginning

Looking to the stairs, I laughed a bit "Good, that means no one will talk to me right?" I asked hearing him chuckle before we headed down the steps to the tons of people walking around and chatting.

They all dressed in magnificently extravagant gowns. I wonder if they've ever seen each other in pajamas.

I hooked my hand around Lucien's arm feeling my nerves grow as they stared. "They're staring." I said low.

He nodded once, "They're probably just noticing you aren't a Viper. That or they're thinking 'Wow, Luce finally got a girl.'" He said joking.

I laughed and avoided eye contact with them.

Bastian's POV:

She walked in on the arm of Lucien.

Sly little fucker. Roscoe won't be happy about that, not one bit.

I looked her over, ignoring the fact she was stunning. She stole the room and laughed softly as Lucien said something to her.

I've thought it before, about Roscoe, but she looked good with Lucien too.

I wonder if there's anyone she doesn't look good with.

"Who the fuck is that?" Uncle Carlton asked grinning from ear to ear before his wife smacked him over the head.

Roscoe was talking with the cousins in a corner but the minute he caught sight of her, he was locked on. His eyes glued to her, poor guy really wants her.

Kayla ran a hand over my arm, "I didn't know Lucien got a girlfriend." She said thoughtfully.

I stared down at her, noting her pretty little blonde curls and sweet brown eyes. The world fears me, hides and doubts me, but not her. She's the only one who keeps a bit of light inside me.

I leaned back and shook my head staring at her, "That's Vydia. Melissa's niece." I said watching her drop her mouth to an 'oh' and lay her head on my arm.

Her eyes running over Vydia, her face falling softly, I admired her soft features and she looked to me blushing "What?" She asked running a hand over her cheek as if to brush something off.

I shook my head, "You're just so beautiful." I said before she smiled and ducked her face in my arm blushing more.

My eyes ran over Vydia who sat down beside Lucien talking to him and then I watched him look to her. She stared at her sisters at a table and I watched him look her over, his chest rising and then falling in heavy breaths.

A smirk grew on my lips, look who's been infected by the Vydia lovebug.

The big bad Lucien.

Staring down at Kayla, she was watching Lucien carefully, "Oh no, he likes her." She said quietly.

I nodded "That's three already." I said bringing my glass of whiskey to my lips and taking a drink.

Looking for the third, I caught my eyes on Valdus, his girlfriend Venus was gossiping with one of our cousins and Valdus had his eyes all over Vydia.