Quoting Me

Week later

Khi

"Hold on. Let me see if I follow this, General officer sir. Y'all want me to have my baby sister, put on some hoeish clothes, go to this man speech. Hope he picks her out the bunch, she goes back to his room with him and we pray he's stupid enough to make a move on her. While she's wearing a wire?" He looks around at us on video. "The same nigga that took his own son out...fuck no!"

"I can understand how this may seem outrageous."General Connor spoke.

"You mean you can't find some woman who looks young and is qualified for this type of shit? I don't trust this man. He gets a whiff that she's wired, he killing her right then and there. I can't agree to this."

"If I bring in someone else, they will try to take over the whole operation or I can't trust them. You don't understand how discrete we have to be. Buddies, I've known for ten plus years are going down when the lid blows off this thing. We have been following you all extensively, since Kayla met Cario. We even know who killed Antonio Senior." He spreads papers across the table of us in photos, trying to decide what to do with Ton.

I look away and Cario comes from behind and hugs me.

"Khion, we didn't have his location at the time. We are deeply sorry about not being able to save you." General Connor leans over the table.

"It's aaight. Thank you."

"To all of you young people...it truly disturbs me the things you all have been through. You all are incredibly strong and a dedicated group of people. We can save thousands of children and take down hundreds of sleeze balls, a despicable group of people. I am asking, begging for your help."

Chace walks into the video and holds hands with Damien. "Breathe."

Damien takes a deep breath and they both exhale. "These are trained men and women who will be there to protect her. Just feet outside the door, ready to kick it in. She will be safe."

"Chace, this is my sister."

"I know and I'm not completely certain about any of this but I understand what's at stake and I wanna be on the right side of history."

"Young man, just take a look at this." He focused the camera on this wall and pulls off a cover. Hundreds of pictures of children, ranging from three to sixteen years old. All different shapes, colors and sizes.

We all lower our eyes. It hurts to think about these babies, stolen from the arms of their loved ones. Forced to do some unthinkable things, for some horrid people.

Damien looks at the wall. "Fuck."

"Yeah. Some of them we unfortunately are too late and have served their purpose and were killed or fell ill and were killed. But some of them we can still bring home and take down the son of bitches who did this to them."

"Okay. Let me call her and see if she even wants to do it."

We all clapped. "Yes, thank you so much."

"Good. This is great. Now this Mayor Stephen is a common enemy but he's also beloved by many near and far. He usually flies overseas in some secluded country to do his bidding. Other countries, other laws, lesser consequences."

"His son, that was a major loss to your operation." Max says.

General Connor smiles. "No loss at all."

"Huh?"

He got his phone. "Bring him in."

Now everyone is looking around the room confused. "The so called person that shot Tonio was working with us. He was injected with something that temporarily put him to sleep." Some guy walks out with Tonio in his arms.