His Eyes

Cario

I never even asked Kayla what her sons name was until she handed him over to me.

"Antonio but we call him Tonio." She kisses all over his face with tears in her eyes. "We've never been apart."

He just claps his hands. Not understanding his mom is going to miss him. "I got the lil homie. He in the best care."

"I only knew you for like two weeks but I trust you with his life and mine." She stands up. "Thank you Cario, don't know if you're some guardian angel or what brought you into my life, but I'm thankful."

"You good girl." I give her a side hug. "Get in there, beat this shit and come get yo boy."

She wipes her eyes. "Okay, I will."

I hold Tonio close as his moms walks through those doors to change transform her life for them both. "Aaight kid. I have no idea what I'm doing...let's go meet Uncle Khi, he's helping me set up your room at my house."

"Yayy!"

"Yay!" I clap with him." We both laugh. "Glad you still able to smile...God knows what yo little eyes have seen."

***********

When we get to the house Tonio takes off running to the front door before I can fully get out the car. I chuckle at his little legs. By the time I enter the house, Khi is squatting down with his hand out and Tonio is touching it. "Hello Tonio, I'm Khi."

"Hi Khi." He waves and we both smile at him.

"You like race cars?"

"Race cars." He runs in a circle.

"Yep...let's go see your room." He follows Khi and I walk behind them.

"Race car!" He jumps on his bed.

Khi laughs and I walk up behind him to hug him. "Thank you baby." I kiss his neck.

"It's no problem. I think what you doing is sweet. You gon really help this family. You have a big heart."

"What you thinking for dinner tonight?"

"How does he eat? Kids usually picky."

"I think with what he been through he'll eat anything." It breaks my heart.

"I feel what you thinking. It is sad."

"Get out my heart." I smell his cologne.

"Never," he turns around and I pull him outside the room and push him to the wall, then I kiss him.

"You got a kid in here now, so we can't fuck any and every time you want." He smiles.

I feel on his semi erection. "The moment he fall asleep for a nap...imma be in there, deep, no hands."

"I'll be ready for you, wet, legs wide open."

"I want all this shit off." I kiss him again.

"Race cars." We're startled by Tonio.