My Rider

Khi

I slept much better at home in my own bed. Good thing I thought about it. I would never willingly leave Cario, but I haven't had a good nights rest since being at my moms. My therapist was able to squeeze me in this morning, virtually. We spoke briefly, because I had to get ready for this family reunion.

He touched on triggers and finding what's setting them off. I wasn't able to make a connection because everything in my life was going perfect for once.

Zero complaints.

Maybe, that in itself was a trigger.

I unlock Cario's door, he's already up and dressed. Tonio is sitting in his high chair, eating breakfast.

He rushes over to me, scooping me into his arms. "Morning sexy." He tilts me back and kisses me.

I giggle. "You in a good mood."

"Seeing the prettiest face in the world will do that to you." 

"You know how I am with the compliments." I hide my face in the crook of his neck.

"Just gon have to deal with it. I imma always tell you how good you look to me. Sorry." He rubs his hands up and down my back.

"I can deal." I relax into him. "Did you make extra?"

"You know imma feed you boy. Gotta get that ass fatter." He let's go of me, walking to the kitchen.

I sneak up on Tonio and he throws his head back laughing. I tickle him. Then kiss all over his face. "Sup, happy ass kid."

"Hi Khi."

I see something by his nose so I try wiping it off and his eyes open wide. I look straight into them, and a sudden burst of negative energy comes over me.I step back.

"Khi." Cario, comes up behind me with my plate.

Our hearts are pounding. "His eyes."

Cario, takes my hand and walks me over to the refrigerator. "What about them?"

"I said this before and I try not making a big deal out of them, but his eyes. Sometimes, they scare me." I look down. What am I saying? He's a kid.

Cario is silent, just holding my waist. "Scare you?"

"I didn't wanna say shit, because I ain't want you thinkin I was trippin, but yes."

Cario

Fuck. Tell him Cario. Spit it out! Write it down and slide it to him. Text him.

No, not right before the family reunion. Right after though. For now, I just embrace him. "You not crazy."

"Let's, hurry and get on this road." He walks away from me, taking his breakfast to the living room.

We live in Destin Florida. The Reunion is be held in Gainesville. Which is a four hour drive. It was a very long four hours because Khi kept his AirPods on and eyes glued to his phone. He'd give Tonio his snacks and stuff but avoided eye contract.

I don't blame him.

I place my hand over on his thigh, he turns to smile at me. Then he takes one AirPod out. "Fuck, I'm ruining the trip ain't I?"

"Was expecting my ears to be bleeding from yo singing and laughing at you dance to everything." I admit.

He sighs. "Sorry."

"Na, it's good." I couldn't have him apologizing, not with the secret I was sitting on.

"We're less than twenty minutes away. You think yo dad told everyone?"