Photo Album

Max

"Imma be out there...give me a second." I spray on the setting spray. I stand up, looking at myself in the mirror.

Valley stands behind me. "What if he come tonight?"

"I will just ignore him, like he been doing me." I shrug, but deep down I'm hurt. He isn't actually ignoring me. I told him to leave me alone. I wasn't going to get caught up in their...whatever it was. Most importantly, I like my peace.

"You can skip tonight. I can have one of the newbies dance."

"I said I'm okay Valley. Thank you." I take a shot and head to the stage.

Loud music. Can't drown him out.

Six shots of Tequila. Can't drown him out.

Lying to myself. Can't drown him out.

The music starts playing when I hit the stage, it's time to perform. I take a towel and wipe the pole. Money is already raining before I even start. Men and women are piling it up at my feet. I make eye contact with each and everyone of them, making them think I see them. Making them feel important.

Unlike how I feel.

Up on the pole I go. Upside down, pushing myself away from it. My heels clink together and I clap my ass.

Applause.

Commentaries.

Money.

Nothing can free me from thinking of him.

Them, thinking of them.

Andre and Khi. I had to clear my head.

Max you knew better. You knew better . Of course he told you he would fallback. You want him to be happy and that means him with Cario. You don't wanna interfere with love.

I'm squatting now. Hands on my knees, ass towards the crowd as I bounce one cheek at a time, then together. "Climax you so damn fine!" Some girls who look like they're too young to be in here, yell."

I blow them a kiss.

I open my legs to the crowd, opening and closing my legs.

Melo and some guy with twist walk in. I continue dancing. I just pretend not to see them. I stand up, take my foot and lift it all the way above my head, then drop down into a split. My song finished up and a young girl collects all my money, stuffing it into a garbage bag. I walk, practically run to the back. I change into something else quickly.

I needed to go check on a few of my girls, so I had to put on my game face.

Tots was giving lap dances. Diamond was serving drinks and Shayla was getting ready to go on stage.

I walk towards the hall to my office. Someone grabs my hand. I look up to see Melo. "What the fuck."

"Chill shawty. I ain't on that tonight."

"What are you on?" I fold my arms.

"Tryna be on what whatever you want." He puts a hand over my head and smiles down at me.

"Nothing. I don't do that."

"I'm willing to pay five stacks for it." He pulls out the money and slides it down my chest.

"I don't sell ass." I push him but he forces me back to the wall.

"Lap dance in private then?"