Never Breaking Up

Khi

We both lay in bed aching. Once that adrenaline wears off, you feel everything. We both have an ice pack on our side and knuckles.

"You thought you was in a WWE match with that damn chair." Cario laughed.

"Ouch, bae please. This shit hurts." I try hard not to laugh.

"My fault. I like seeing you get active. Bet you and Chace had them niggas shook in high school."

"More so Chace than me. I was always gettin caught up with somebody girl and Chace would come running out of class, handing out ass whoopings like he was the ghetto Santa."

Cario laughs. "I know that nigga got down. The fight we had, he surprised me."

"I missed it. The clash of the light skin dread heads." I smile.

"Yeah, well this light skin nigga put a bunch of dark skin niggas on they ass." He tries turning but winces in pain.

"Where you trying to go? Just chill." I put my leg over his and he rubs my thigh.

"The bachelor party next week." I remind him.

"I remember." He sighs.

"Max not sure if he wants to go."

"Max going. Tell him it's mandatory that he's there." I watch him lick his lips and I thump his head.

"Don't do too much, na."

"Shit...imma break his back. Jaylen too. I hope Stony let him participate."

"I know you got a crush on Jaylen, you don't need to keep saying it." I was getting annoyed.

"Oh that bothers you? You can't wait to fuck Carter, so let's be for real." He was right. Carter been having me dreaming bout how good he feel. I just know it's everything I imagine and more.

"Don't get over there and fall in love with Jaylen, then Stony might beat yo ass. 'Mr.this light skin nigga put a bunch of dark skin niggas on they ass." I mock him.

"Pfft, nobody ain't making me fall in love. You enough of a damn headache."

"That's what I like to hear. Come up here."

He groans and moves up, so we're face to face. "What?"

"You came out for me?" I smile.

"You my baby."

"How you feel after everything? I know we have been doing nothing but crackin jokes but are you really okay?" I touch his face.

"It hurts the way my dad going about it, but at least he ain't call me out my name or disown me. I honestly think that with time, we'll be aaight." He shrugs.

"I do too." I kiss his bruised face.

"Think we too weak to fuck?" He tries climbing on top of me. "Fuck, my shoulder." He rubs it.

"Cario, just give it a few days. We can survive a few days."

He humps me. "No...I want it."

"I know." I talk to him like he a baby.

He still slides his hands underneath me to cuff my ass. "Imma see you soon."

"Boy go to bed."

******************

I wake up and his arms are not around me. I don't see him at all, but he's near. I feel him. Something is weighing heavy on him. He is trying his best to block me from feeling his worries.