Vitamins

Khi

"Hey ma." I speak softly.

"Hey baby....you finally returned my call. Thought I was gonna have to fly down there and spank your butt, like old times."

I smile remembering them whoopings. "Yeah...I stayed gettin them, but I'm not so little anymore."

"No you aren't. You all grown now. How are you? Chace FaceTimed me a couple days ago, so I could see Camden. He is so big now." She starts blabbering on about everything.

"Ma, I was kidnapped, beat and sexually assaulted."

"What?" She stops talking immediately.

"Don't know if you saw that video going around of those two guys on a bridge, but one of them.."

"No! Khion! Do not tell me you was contemplating suicide? Baby, what the hell is going on?" I hear the worry in her voice.

"Ma...um so sorry." I broke down. "I'm not so little anymore but this grown ass man needs his mom...really bad."

"I'm online right now booking a flight."

"No, I wanna come home and sleep in my old bed...and have you cook for me. Watch some of our favorite movies and just lay my head on your lap. Just be your baby boy." I sob into the phone.

"Oh baby." She's crying too. "Parents want nothing more then to intercept that pain and take most of the impact. This breaks my heart."

"You protected me from a lot ma...you really the best mom on this planet."

"After hearing this I don't know. I will book the flight. Will your boyfriend be joining you?"

I look at Cario. "Do you really need to ask me that Khi? You not goin nowhere without me."

"I heard him. Okay, so two tickets."

"Three...we have a kid with us." I watch Tonio sitting on the counter, eating chips with Cario. He's kicking his little feet.

"Three tickets to Washington from Destin Florida. You leave tomorrow at 3:30. Baby please, get some rest. Can't wait to see you tomorrow. I love you more than anything and anyone on this entire planet and have since I pushed you out my..."

"Ma, don't. I don't wanna hear that."

"Well, you came out of there." She laughs.

"I know. See you tomorrow. Love you too."

Cario walks up to me and rubs my back. "Feel better?"

"Yeah...don't know what it is about parents but the moment I heard her voice, I felt safe and like a kid again."

"My mama make me feel the same way. It's a beautiful thing. You never outgrow yo parents. Parent, with my dad...still not sure and with this family reunion coming up."

"So you are gonna go?"

"I want you to come with me." He puts Tonio and the ground and pulls up a chair next to me.

"They won't find it weird with me you and some random kid showing up?" Tonio runs to me and I pick him up. I shiver for some reason.

"It won't be random. Told them I was bring who I'm seeing it."

I look up at him. "You gonna come out?"

I takes my hand. "If that's okay with you."

I was already crying and this just made me tear up even more. "You gotta nigga real emotional right na." I cover the kid ears. "Fuck this mouth later?"