Hero

Two Years ago
Cario

*************

🎵
And any muthafucka wanna get beat down
Reminder um from the street now
Shooter's up on the roof
She sayin its mine I need proof
Bitches be lyin between they teeth
She suckin me for the free
You a in luv nigga, um in love wit da trigga
Ten keys or mo, we gettin it fah the low
Connects in all states, we take we don't wait
Puttin all my niggas on, um workin these longs hours
Money ova everything, but me I want power
Neva stressin ova a bitch, one leaves and mo come
She begs can she cum, um like hoe when um done 🎵

"Stop stop stop!" Melo and Vix looked at each other.

I took off my headphones. "What?"

"You you was goin off on that beat, man you slid that bitch." Melo laughed.

"You think DJ Mackey gon fuck with it?"

"Hell yeah..he been wanting you to get back on yo pen game." Vix was cheesing. "We bouta be richer then a bitch."

I laughed. "Let's run it back a few times."

**************

Mama was putting mulch down around the driveway and porch. When I pulled up stopped. "Hey son, think you can help me out?"

I put my energy drink on the car and got down on my knees with her. "Gotchu sweet lady,"

She smiled. "Sweet lady, what you need?"

"Nothing, I was gon say if you wanted I could pay rent for you for Mother's Day."

"Drug money." She scattered more mulch.

"Money is money."

"I'm not too prideful to accept the help." She patted my leg. "How that music coming along?"

"Vix and Melon think I really got something this time, but you know I do it for fun."

"Neva know baby, Gervonte really believed you had it in you...he always saw you becoming some big star."

"He did and he the only reason im even trying to do this..I want to at least see what I can do wit it for him."

"That's all he woulda wanted." She waves away a bug from her face. "Heard from your dad?"

"He had a new baby,"

"mmhm, he wants you to come by and see her. You have a little sister now."

I shrugged. "Wish her the best he ain't never take care of me."

"Don't hold that against her, she's innocent."

"I saw the pictures on Facebook."

"Okay. You know they did a short article about the robbery in the newspaper...they posted yah brother mugshot." She shook her head.

"Why write about that?"

"They gonna give the old man some type of medal for saving his granddaughter from Quincy that night, but he declined."

"That nigga has still never been seen, he just vanished. It's weird."

"Very but I wonder why the old man ain't wanna accept the reward?"

*********
A week later

I stop at the Chinese restaurant to pick up my order and ran into the detective that was working my brother case. I try to leave but she catches me outside the store. "Tacario please give me a second."