My World

Flashback
College of 1995

Shila

"You think these are fly or too short?"'I model my daisy Duke shorts for Tania.

"If I say yes then you gonna wear them anyways."

"Is that a yes because you're definitely right." I spun around.

"It's a yes."

"Good and my nails? My mama doesn't approve which mean I absolutely love them."

"You look good Shila. Guess you going with Denny to night?" Tania was nose deep in some book.

"Denny, Mike, or Tony. Whichever one is ready to spend that cha-ching." I put my hands on my knees and go as low as I can, shaking my butt. "Gettin hella jiggy on that dance floor later."

"Wrap it up Shila, this new AIDS epidemic is real. People are dying left and right."

"It's all good, I heard only gay men can get it." I outlined my lips with lipliner and color them in a little with a dark burgundy.

"Even so, be careful."

"I thought I left my mama back In Washington. We came out here to live life. We're young, and alive."

"I might have dinner with Charles."

I rolled my eyes. "How surprising and depressing."

"He apologized."

"You forgive to damn easy. Charles is fine as the sky is blue but he ain't no good and always playing cards or shootin dice and losing."

"He win's sometimes."

"Okay. But I know there's a lot of people who don't fool with him Nunie. He owe people."

"Chill out aaight?"

"Guess that mean we're done with this took." I pick up my purse. "Page me of you coming tonight, peace."

************

One thing my parents did was buy me a BMW M3 for my birthday. Also because my mom didn't make it to my high school graduation. I receive gifts all the time and purposely ruined them. Parents who think they can buy their kids love really irk my nerves. Don't take it personal by Monica was bumpin through my speakers. These men stayed taking everything personal. I'm here for a good time, not a long time.

I put my hand out the window as I drive to the arcade. "Don't take it personnnnnalllll!"

I hear a horn beeping on the side of me. It's a car full of fly ass brothers. I turn my radio down. "Damn shorty you all that."

"Tell me more." I flutter my eyelashes.

"That ride is sick, no lie."

"So is yours."

"What it is tonight, the honeys you kick it with as fly as you?"

"I kick it with just one, but she not available."

"Respect, so can I get them digits?"

The light turned green and I yelled out my number. He quickly put it in his phone and called me as I sped off. "Miss Brown Brown."

"You work fast."

"When I want something." I can barely hear him because of the wind blowing in the phone as they try to catch up to my car.

"Shaquita having a mini freaknik at ha crib tonight. Know ha?"

"Oh fa sho, consider me me there."

"Tight. Lata." I hang up. Then turn off to the left.