Leaders

Matthias and Laura arrived at the secret meeting room; their guards were behind them, and some were beside them. The Alpha didn't want to risk a bloodbath or having Laura hurt. He didn't want to show it, but he was nervous about how the meeting would turn out. His thoughts were interrupted when he felt Laura putting her hand over his. "Everything is going to be okay, my love."

"You make it sound like it is going to be easy. Xenon is a stubborn human, and he might make this difficult."

"Sometimes you have to have a bit a faith. I have met Xenon a few times, but he seems honorable and cares for his family's and humans' well-being. He won't jeopardize that."

Matthias was about to respond, but the echo of the entrance opening stopped him. The echos of footsteps were heard; Matthias and Laura stood from their seats. Moments later, Xenon and his wife entered along with their bodyguards. Xenon and his wife walked toward the table; both sides eyed one another. 

No words were spoken.

The silence was getting too much on Laura; she didn't want any misunderstandings. "Welcome, Sir Xenon and Madam Nora. Thank you for meeting us in such a dire situation. Please be reassured that we mean no ill will." Laura looked at the couple, specifically Nora. Nora was beautiful and youthful-looking for her age. However, she had bags under her eyes, meaning she didn't get enough sleep. Her light brunette hair was in a messy bun with some gray hairs. She looked gaunt as if she didn't eat well. However, her light brown eyes shined even in the darkness, and she still cared for her appearance with makeup.

"Thank you, Luna Laura. Apologies for the silence but we have been going through our own stresses among our family," said Nora. The women shook hands; they looked at their husbands to do the same.

Matthias and Xenon eyed their wives but eventually shook hands. The leaders and their wives sat in their respective seats. "I will not lie and say that I am not angry. Many rogues have been killed, and a hunter is behind this. We caught one who almost attacked a human and my son." Xenon and Nora flinched but remained quiet. "I interrogated the hunter, and he said he was being forced. Before he could tell me who was behind everything, he was killed due to his head exploding." The Alpha felt his right hand become a fist due to rage at everything that had happened. "Now, I don't want my time wasted. I know both of you know something, and you will tell me the truth. My pack and I have always been on good terms with your family, but since there is a possibility that any of us could be next, this is something I will not ignore."

The couple were quiet. They couldn't look at the Alpha and Luna. Laura knew that it was difficult for them to speak the truth. What worried her was that she felt her husband's anger and feared that he would break the treaty. If that happened, then it could lead to a possible war. "Sir Xenon, Madam Nora, you know who is responsible for these terrible actions. I could also sense that you want to protect whoever it is. Yet, this false protection will only make the situation worse. If you tell us the truth, then maybe we can help you. My husband and I are not only parents to our son but also to our pack. I am certain you feel the same way with your family."

Matthias glanced at his wife, who was filled with confidence. He couldn't help but feel a sense of pride. "My wife is right. As a leader and a father, I understand how one wants to solve everything on one's own. There's no shame to ask for help."

Xenon and Nora were silent. Xenon bit his lower lip while Nora gently held his hand. "My love, we can't do this by ourselves. They can help us, and you know it." Nora looked at the couple. "You're right. We know who has been doing this; it's our son."

Matthias was surprised. He knew that Xenon and Nora had children; he had seen two in some meetings. He didn't count on their child being responsible for so many crimes. It was also understandable why Xenon was hesitant to mention his son. "Alright. Would you happen to know why your son is doing this?"

Nora had the urge to cry, and Xenon hugged her. "We have much to blame; our son is the youngest of three. He wasn't supposed to survive when he was born but he did. Due to that, we spoiled him rotten and we ignored the fact that our teachings made him into a narcissist. However, his behavior became worse when his fiancé broke off the engagement. Although, it was his fault."

 "Why? What happened?" asked Matthias.

"He cheated on his fiancé with her own sister."

Matthias and Laura remained still. Their hearts were beating rapidly, and the story sounded too familiar to be a coincidence. "W-Would this fiancé happen to be Iris Gomez?"

Xenon and Nora flinched. "H-How did you-?" Nora stuttered.

"Iris is my Beta's second chance mate."

Everyone was quiet for a while until Nora began to cry. "That's why Derek has been doing this! He's trying to get to Iris!"

Laura became serious. "He's trying to get to her?'

"It would make sense, my love. I have a theory that this Derek is trying to send a message. He's probably also after Maverick." Matthias let out a lowly growl. "Sir Xenon, Madam Nora. I understand that you love your son, but he has killed many innocent werewolves. This is something I will not let go so lightly. When he is captured, he will pay for his crimes."

Nora's cries became louder, but Xenon said nothing and nodded. His son had created too much havoc. He and his wife would try to protect him from his undoing, but no longer. Derek had to face the consequences of his actions. "Yes, I agree wholeheartedly." The two men stood from their seats and shook hands.

It was agreed that they all had one mission, and one mission only: find Derek.