Friendship

Iris was in the room with Asher, who was still asleep, and she decided he would be okay and would not run away. He learned his lesson on what could happen. Iris left the room and decided to wait for Maverick in the living room. As she was about to sit on one of the sofas, a picture was noticed by the television. She decided to look, and when standing in front of the picture, she saw Maverick with another woman; it was a wedding picture. That was the realization that the woman in the picture was Maverick's deceased wife. The more Iris looked at Maverick's deceased wife, that was when she remembered her dream. "I can't believe it; his wife came to me in a dream. I guess she was trying to tell me about what Maverick was." The young woman was silent momentarily. "She also said that we're in danger. Danger of what?"

Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard the door open. Iris turned and was about to go to Maverick, who she saw walking in, but he wasn't alone. Jessica was walking behind him. "J-Jessica!? Y-You're awake and okay!" She was about to run to her friend and hug her, but Jessica backed away. This confused Iris and looked at Maverick, who looked serious. "What's going on?" She was worried for Jessica's well-being since she saw the truth that Rickon and the others were werewolves. Iris believed Jessica would be open to things read in existing stories. 

"You knew that everyone here is a werewolf and you didn't tell me! I could have been killed by one!"

"Wh-What!? You know!?" Iris looked at Maverick. "What happened!?"

Maverick massaged the back of his neck. "She and Waylen were attacked by another werewolf and..."

"Yeah and that werewolf which I come to find out was Rickon's ex friend with benefits!"

Iris gasped in shock. She didn't know Rickon had a friend with benefits and glared at Maverick. "Why didn't you tell me about this!?"

"Iris, it's not my place to tell you about Rickon's personal life; it wasn't my place. Also, Matthias and I always told Rickon to tell Jessica the entire truth. Unfortunately, Rickon went through the coward's way and waited until it was too late."

"Oh my god, I can't believe this. So, Rickon's ex damaged the apartment and Jessica's car?"

The Beta nodded; he felt at ease that the entire truth finally came out but felt terrible that he had to keep everything silent from both women. They deserved the truth, but he and Matthias were tired of getting Rickon out of trouble. Rickon was responsible for making everything right, but he waited too long. "I'm sorry for not telling you, but you know why I couldn't."

"And you! How could you not tell me these people are werewolves!?" yelled Jessica. 

Maverick and Iris looked at her. Iris couldn't blame Jessica for feeling the way she did since she had a life-and-death experience with Rickon's crazy ex. "Would you have believed me if I told you?" Jessica was about to speak, but Iris's question stopped her; the young woman didn't know how to respond. She was angry, confused, hurt, and scared, but it would have sounded unbelievable if Iris had told her about Maverick being a werewolf. Her friend did have a point, but her stubbornness and pride didn't allow her to admit her wrongs. "Look, I would have felt the same as you did; you're in shock. I was, too, when Maverick showed me his werewolf form. I'm still processing this new truth. I also agree with Maverick that Rickon had more of a responsibility than the rest of us."

Everyone was silent, and Maverick walked behind Iris and gently put his left hand around Iris, and she let him. "You would be more than welcome to stay here as long as you like. You can sleep in my room if you like."

Jessica didn't respond; she didn't know what to do. When the young woman noticed how Maverick and Iris stood together, she felt saddened that she couldn't feel the same warmth as Iris. Jessica didn't realize that tears formed in her eyes and dripped down. Everything was too much. Iris slowly went to her best friend, but Jessica didn't move away this time; she hugged Jessica. "It's okay, Jessica. I know exactly how you feel; it feels like you are out of breath. That's how I felt when...Derek and Brianna did what they did. However, you were there for me when I needed someone. It's my turn to be there for you, and I will help you heal."

"I-I'm sorry that I was mean to you. It's just that everything is too much! What hurts me the most is that Rickon lied about his ex. He was probably still with her when we first met! He's such a selfish jerk!"

Iris bit her lower lip. "Where is he now?"

"Matthias told him that he and Jessica should have time away from one another. Rickon made a mess of things, and Jessica will be the one to decide when she wants to see and speak with him."

Jessica eventually stopped crying and slowly looked at Maverick. "I also want to apologize if I came out as rude. I appreciate that you are letting me stay here."

Maverick smiled and felt relief that Jessica was slowly returning to herself. "It's no trouble. You can sleep in my room. You-"

"If it's okay, I can sleep with Iris. I need someone with me and I'm sure that Iris has much more to tell me, right?"

"Yeah. You need to know everything that is happening. You deserve to know the truth. Maverick, can we put her stuff in my room?"

"Of course, and don't worry about Asher, I'm still going to sleep in the living room to ensure that he doesn't try to leave."

Jessica was confused about who Asher was, but Iris smiled. "Like I said, I will tell you everything." The trio walked toward Iris's room, where Maverick put Jessica's bag inside and left the women alone. He sighed in relief and felt that everything was slowly going in the right direction, and he hoped that it would stay that way for a while.