Danger

Iris was still driving on the road while thinking about Brianna. It made Iris wonder how Derek could fathom sleeping with her. Iris let out a giggle. "Those two never had self-respect." After thinking about it, it made sense to the young woman that Brianna did her a favor by exposing her ex's true self. Also, talking to Briana confirmed her decision to be away from her and their parents. Ever since Iris was a child, her parents treated her differently than Brianna. Brianna was always the golden child and defended her wrongdoings, while Iris was punished and scolded. Their parents showered Brianna with love but not Iris; it made her realize that she had never been loved the same way.

The young woman breathed in relief, accepting the reality and truth of her situation. Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard her cell phone ring; she hoped it wasn't alone from the family. When looking at the phone caller ID, Iris smiled and answered. "Hey Jessica, I-" Iris heard Jessica's cries on the other end. "Woah, woah, Jessica, what's wrong?"

"Ir-Iris! My car!"

"Your car? What happened? Did you get into an accident!? Where are you!?"

"I'm at home! When I walked outside, my car was filled with deep claw marks! My wheels are slashed! I-!"

"I'm almost there! I'll be there in five!" Iris hung up the phone and drove as fast as she could, ignoring the honks from other drivers. Jessica sounded scared and stressed and thought of the worst. True to her word, Iris arrived in five minutes, and as she got to the parking lot, she saw Jessica outside, standing in front of her car. Iris parked her car, exited, and ran to her best friend. "Jessica!"

Jessica saw Iris and ran to her; the women hugged one another. "Iris, I'm glad you're here!" The two separated from the hug when Iris saw Jessica's car. The car looked like scratch marks so deep that parts of the interior were seen. She couldn't believe how deep the marks were; it looked as if it came out of a movie. The tires slashed, which lowered the car. "I finished taking a shower, and then, I heard a loud noise outside the apartment, and then I saw this!"

"It's okay, Jessica! At least, you weren't hurt! Did you call the police?"

Jessica shook her head. "I-I freaked out, so I called Rickon about the situation! He said that he will call the police and he will be coming over!"

"I can't believe this. What would-!" Iris couldn't finish her comment when she and Jessica heard cars coming their way. Two cop cars arrived, and then Rickon arrived. Before the police officers got out of their vehicles, Rickon beat them to it. He ran toward Jessica, and she did the same; the two hugged. Iris thought it was a pleasant sight to see. 

The police officers got out of their car and went to see the car; neither said a word but wrote some notes down. Iris thought it was odd that the officers didn't begin to ask her questions. At the corner of her eyes, she saw two more cars approaching; Matthias and Maverick arrived. Iris was surprised that the two men would arrive, but she was happy to see Maverick. Before she could call him, Maverick ran to her so fast that even Iris noticed he ran. Maverick held her in his arms. "Iris, I was worried that something happened to you! Rickon told me what happened!"

Iris wanted to speak, but Maverick's grip on her was so firm that it was difficult to breathe. "M-Maverick, you-you're squeezing me! I-I can't breathe!"

Maverick flinched and realized that he squeezed her too hard and let her go. "I-I'm so sorry! I was just worried that-!"

"D-Don't worry, Maverick. I know it was an accident." Iris slowly regained her breathing. "I barely got here when Jessica told me what happened. This is horrible. Who could have done this?"

Maverick remained silent as he saw Jessica's car; Matthias and the police officers looked at it and took pictures. The police officers were, in fact, pack members. Matthias asked some pack members to join the police force to help keep the peace, and if anything werewolf-related happened, they would keep it hidden. He knew that this was no ordinary animal attack. "Iris, you and Jessica got back to the apartment. It's best that Jessica gets away from here, so it doesn't stress her out."

Iris nodded as she went to Jessica. Jessica looked reluctant at first, but with Rickon's insistence, she relented. The women slowly made their way to their apartment. Maverick then walked to Matthias and the officers; Rickon followed suit. "These marks are deep, Alpha. It was no bear. I believe it was one of our own kind," said one of the male officers.

"I do agree. Iris's car seems to be in one piece, though," said Matthias.

"Yes, Iris went out so that's why her car was unharmed."

"That makes sense. I doubt that whoever killed the rogues did this. The scratch marks are too deep, and they look like claws, which means that it was a werewolf. Matthias was thoughtful but then noticed how quiet Rickon was. "I think you know something, Rickon."

Suddenly, the women screamed; Maverick and Rickon thought of the worst. Maverick and Rickon ran to the apartment while Matthias ordered the officers to call a towing company to get the car. The Alpha also ran up, and as he got to the front door, he noticed claw marks on the door; he went inside. Matthias saw Maverick and Rickon standing in front of a room where the women were crying. "What happened?" Matthias got inside, and to his shock, claw marks were on the walls. The bed mattress, clothes, and cabinets were on the floor. However, on one of the walls, there was writing. 

'HE'S MINE! BITCH! YOU'RE DEAD!'

From afar, Matthias and the men could smell faint blood. Maverick and Matthias glared at Rickon; he put Jessica in danger.