Agreeance

Iris and Maverick said their goodbyes, got into their vehicles and went their separate ways. While driving home, Iris thought about Maverick's offer, and she couldn't believe a good living opportunity had arisen. She was worried about finding a good place to live, but since Portland was expensive, she feared that she would have to move farther away or out of state. 

Iris eventually arrived home, parked her car, and walked to Jessica's apartment. Once inside, Iris saw her friend watching Captain Underpants. Jessica heard her enter and stopped the movie. "You're back, thank goodness. I was worried about you." She noticed that her friend was smiling, which brought her curiosity and relief. "So, how was it? Details!"

Iris sat beside her. "It went well. Maverick is very kind and went through a lot in his life; he and I have many similarities."

"Hey, I forgot to ask this before. Is he handsome?"

"Very."

Jessica wiggled her eyebrows as she squealed. "Oh, I'm so jealous! So what's going to happen now? Are you guys going to continue seeing one another as friends?"

Iris wanted to see him again, but a part of her was afraid to open her heart to anyone else; she feared getting hurt. However, Jessica was right about one thing: she had to learn how to move on, or she would be entrapped with her pain. "It would seem so. He told me that he and his buddy own some apartment complexes, and a new one has been built. Maverick said that the rent was $850 a month! He's going to give me a tour tomorrow."

Jessica's mouth widened. "Holly hell, only $850 a month! That is cheap; I pay at least $1500 a month. Can I come along? I also want a tour since my lease is almost up. I also want to meet this Maverick guy and see if he's the hunk you say he is."

The woman giggled as they kept talking about Iris' small date.

Meanwhile, Maverick arrived at Alpha Matthias' house. Before getting to the door, Laura opened the door. "I knew someone was approaching. Please come in." Once inside, Waylen was seen playing with his toy cars; Matthias watched television in the living room. Upon arrival, Matthias motioned his Beta to sit; he muted the television. "So, how was she?"

Maverick sat down on a nearby sofa while in a thoughtful daze. "She was...amazing."

Laura went to the living room with a tray of cups of coffee, creamer, and sugar. "Waylen, honey, please go to your room. We're going to have an adult talk right now." 

Waylen crossed his arms while giving out a slight pout. "But Mom, I'm a big boy now! I also want to hear about Uncle Maverick's date!" Maverick couldn't help but chuckle at the young boy's determination. He knew that Waylen would make a great Alpha one day.

"Son, listen to your Mother. A good Alpha listens and respects." Matthias glanced at his son; the young boy immediately got his toys and went straight to his room. "That kid can be stubborn when he wants to be."

Laura giggled while shaking her head. She gave her husband and Maverick cups of coffee. "He's more like you every day, my love." She eventually got her cup of coffee and added creamer and sugar. "So, Maverick, please tell us more about her."

"I feel that she has a strong personality with a good heart, but I also learned that she was engaged, but her fiance cheated on her with her sister."

The couple were shocked. Laura put her hand over her heart. "That is terrible. How can a family betray one of their own, especially among sisters? I can never understand cheaters and their way of mind."

"I agree, Luna. Matthias, Iris is staying with a friend of hers and is looking for a place to stay. I told her about the apartment complex we had recently ordered to be built."

Matthias took a quick sip from his coffee and eyed his Beta. He knew Maverick wanted Iris to be close to him, but the Alpha thought it was risky. "Maverick, that particular apartment complex is built close to the pack. I hoped that rogues would join our packs soon. Your mate doesn't know about our kind."

"I know, Alpha. Once I gain Iris's affection and trust, she will eventually have to know the truth. Now that I think about it, I want this announced to the pack with your permission." 

Laura looked at her husband. "I think that is a good idea. Matthias, this would be a great opportunity for Maverick's mate to stay close to our pack so she can be introduced. If the pack knows about her, then she would be protected."

"Thank you, Luna. She also mentioned her friend who would be interested in staying in the apartments. I promised that I would be giving a tour."

The Alpha sighed while massaging his forehead. "I still think this is going a little fast, but you gave her your word, but I will allow the tour. I will also announce that you found your second chance mate. Tomorrow, I'm going to a meeting, so I won't be able to go and introduce myself more appropriately. If it's alright, I want my brother, Rickon, to accompany you when giving the tour. He's going to be the manager of the apartments." Maverick nodded in agreeance. "I'm going to call him right now." Matthias stood and walked toward the kitchen, marking his brother's number.

It rang a couple of times until he heard Rickon on the other side. "Yo, Matthias. I'm surprised by the call since we'll be at the meeting tomorrow."

"Rickon, I'm calling you because I need a favor. Don't tell anyone from the pack yet, but Maverick has found his second chance mate."

It was momentarily silent on the other end, but Matthias heard his brother whistle. "Woah, I never heard something like that before. Although, I'm happy that Maverick has a second chance at happiness."

"Agreed. Maverick promised to show his mate and her friend the apartments we ordered to be built. There is a possibility that they might live there; please go with Maverick tomorrow to help give a tour. Another thing is that these women are human, so don't say or do anything stupid."

"Wow, this is getting twisted. Alright, I'll help out. Anything is better than being stuck in a boring meeting with you!" laughed Rickon.

The two hung up; Matthias returned to the living room. "Rickon agreed to tag along. Maverick, please make sure that my little brother behaves."

Everyone laughed.