Step-By-Step

Maverick ran into the forest; he didn't know why or what was happening. What was bizarre was that he felt a strong sense of anxiousness and fear. "Why am I feeling this way?" he asked as he ran by trees. He glanced at his surroundings and noticed nothing but trees; it looked familiar, but he couldn't put his finger on it.

"AAAHHHH!" 

A scream echoed throughout the forest. It was so strong that it made him tremble. Maverick stopped in his tracks; the scream sounded familiar. "I-Iris?"

"AAAAHHHHH!" 

Another scream echoed, and Maverick realized that Iris was the one screaming. His anxiety and fear intensified, his heartfelt pain. It was a feeling he knew very well; it was something he felt when Ofelia died. "Iris!? Where are you!?" He frantically looked around, and there was nothing but endless trees. He was about to continue running but noticed something in the corner of his eye. It looked like a figure hiding behind a couple of trees. "Hey, who are you!?" The figure didn't respond. Instead, it ran away. Maverick immediately followed it; he thought it might know where Iris was. 

The figure seemed floating but was quick to get away from him. Meanwhile, Iris's screams echoed occasionally. However, the screams sounded louder, and he was getting near. From afar, he noticed a cave that he had never seen before. The figure stopped in front of it momentarily but eventually entered. Maverick was cautious; there was a possibility that it could have been a trap. Then, a scream came from the cave, and all cautions faded. "I'm coming Iris!" The Beta ran toward the cave, and darkness surrounded him. he used his werewolf vision, but what confused him was that he couldn't see anything. "Iris!? Where are you!?"

Walking in the dark, he noticed a small light that looked like a candle. Maverick ran toward the light, and the more he ran, the more candles he saw; it was as if they were lighting his path. A strong metal door blocked his path; Maverick was about to kick it open, but it opened. 

When fully opened, there was a room lit by a couple of light bulbs, and that was when he saw her. Iris was lying on the ground, blood dripping from her lips. Her eyes were emotionless. Maverick's eyes widened in horror as he ran and held her in his arms. "I-IRIS!? IRIS!? PLEASE, SAY SOMETHING! ANYTHING!" There was no response; his heart was tearing into pieces. It was the same pain all over, and he screamed for his mate to make any response.

Then, footsteps echoed behind him, and his heart skipped a beat as he turned. The figure was someone he knew all too well. "O-O-Ofelia!? Wh-What is happening!? I-I th-thought..."

Ofelia stood by the cave's exit; her eyes looked saddened. She extended her arms outward. "Save her, Maverick! You know there is only one way to save her!"

Tears formed and dripped from Maverick's eyes as he tried to reach out for her. Then a pair of hands reached around Ofelia and took her within the darkness. "OFELIA, NOOOOO!"

"NOOO!" Maverick looked at his surroundings and realized he was in the living room. His heart was racing uncontrollably; he was a sweaty mess.

"M-Maverick?"

The Beta looked toward the kitchen and saw Iris standing with a glass of water. "S-Sorry, I wanted to get a glass of water, but I noticed you were talking while you were asleep. It looks as if you were-." Iris couldn't finish her statement since Maverick used his super speed and tightly hugged Iris. She was surprised by the sudden action, but his grip on her tightened, making it difficult for her to breathe. "M-Maverick, you're hugging me too tight!"

Maverick realized that his tight grip had lessened it. "I-I'm so sorry! I didn't want to hurt you."

"It's okay. Here, you need this more than I do." Iris motioned for him to take the glass of water, which he gladly took; Maverick gulped the water. "Did you have a nightmare?"