Moving Day

It was the actual moving day, and the women woke up at 5 a.m.; neither could sleep due to excitement and what happened with Brianna. Iris wasn't happy that Brianna suddenly showed up, but she was thinking of her sister during the night. She slowly realized that she would eventually meet with Brianna to move on slowly and show her that she had no power over her. That would be for another time, as she and Jessica slowly ensured they had packed everything they needed. When it was 6 a.m., Iris received a message from Maverick asking if they were ready.

When everything was assured, Maverick texted that he and Rickon would arrive soon and would be best to leave early to beat the traffic. The women packed most of their things in their cars and waited for the men. About twenty minutes later, they arrived and greeted them; they hugged one another. Maverick and Rickon restrained themselves from marking their mates as their urges strengthened. The more the mate was not marked, the more desperate the werewolf became. The werewolves knew that they had to tell their mates of their identities soon, or their urges to mark would control and make them do something they might regret. 

"So, are you ladies ready?" asked Rickon.

"Yup, kind of nervous," responded Jessica while looking at Rickon. 

"Well, we will lead the way. There was an accident on one of the highways, but we know a shortcut. Also, our boss and his wife will meet up with us when we arrive. They want to welcome you to your new home," said Maverick.

The women looked surprised. "Wow, your boss doesn't have to do that. I mean, it's early in the morning," said Jessica.

"Well, our boss is an early bird, and we told him all about you, so he didn't want to miss the opportunity before going to work. Also, his wife would love to meet you. Well, we shouldn't stay here for long. The traffic might get bad, so let's get moving."

Everyone got to their cars and drove off toward their destination. The women followed the men to the highway, and the drive was smooth, with some traffic now and then. They arrived at the apartment complex without any trouble and earlier than anticipated. Upon arrival, everyone got out of their cars; the men helped get the women's stuff out and motioned the women to follow them to their apartments. "You two will have your own apartments and..."

"No, we can share. Maverick told me of the situation with a particular family, and I want the extra apartment to go to someone who needs it." Jessica looked confused, and Iris whispered to her. "I will explain everything later. Would it be okay to live together still?"

Jessica nodded.

 Maverick and Rickon nodded; they felt at ease with Iris's kindness. "You ladies need to rest up. I know our boss and his wife will want to invite you both to dinner."

Suddenly, everyone heard footsteps coming toward them, and everyone looked ahead. "Good morning everyone. You all arrived earlier than expected."

Maverick and Rickon put down the boxes and motioned the women to walk forward. "Ladies, this is our boss, Matthias, and his wife, Laura." Iris and Jessica looked at the couple, and they couldn't believe how good-looking they were together. They thought that Maverick and Rickon were good-looking, but Matthias was on a whole other level, along with his wife. They looked like models. "So you two are the famous Iris and Jessica. It's great to meet you two in person finally. My brother and Maverick always talk about you both. Anyway, this is my wife, Laura."

Laura walked forward and hugged the two women. "Oh, it's so good to speak with the women that plague the minds of my brother-in-law and friend! You two are very beautiful! Welcome to our family!" Iris and Jessica couldn't help but blush at Laura's openness, but they felt they and Laura would get along. "Well, we shouldn't stand outside the cold. Let's get you ladies to your new home."

"Oh, um, since I changed my mind last minute, isn't the rest of my stuff in the other apartment room?"

Maverick stepped in. "Don't worry, your stuff will be moved in the apartment room along with Jessica's."

Laura smiled as she clapped. "If there is anything else you need, I will call one of our storage to bring you whatever you need!"

Maverick and Rickon opened the doors to the apartment and carried the boxes inside. The women went inside and saw that their household objects were nicely placed in different parts of the apartment. There were two rooms, two bathrooms, one living room, one kitchen, and an outside balcony.  

"When I saw your beds, I noticed how old they were and I asked for them to be thrown away so you can get new ones. Don't worry; they are part of our storage; call it a welcome gift! I will not take no for an answer! They will arrive in three hours," explained Laura. 

While Laura showed the women around, Matthias motioned his Beta and brother to meet outside the apartments. "It seems that Laura and our mates will get along well. My biggest worry is that Laura is not going to let us spend time with our mates," said Rickon.

Matthias chuckled while hearing his wife chatter away about home decor. "Don't worry, I'll ensure she doesn't waste all your time with your mates. How are you two feeling? I know that it can be difficult for our kind when we haven't marked our mates."

"It's difficult, but I'm keeping my urges at bay. Once Iris is settled in, I will make my move."

The Alpha then looked at his brother. "Rickon, have you told Jessica about your situation with your ex?"

"N-No. I will, eventually. However, I want Jessica to get comfortable for a while, and then I will tell her."

Alpha and Beta looked at one another and shook their heads. Matthias did love his brother but disagreed with his behavior and actions. The Alpha had a bad feeling that something was going to happen and it was going to create more trouble. His thoughts were interrupted when someone tried to communicate with him using mind-link. The Alpha allowed the connection. Maverick and Rickon noticed Matthias' glassy state and knew someone was communicating with him. Minutes later, Matthias finished communicating. "It was the pack's doctor from the hospital; the child had finally woken up."