Insanity

Laura hummed in the kitchen as she was preparing food. The Luna was worried about Matthias since he had been called about an urgent matter. As she threw the last bits of leftover scraps into the trash bag, she decided to take out the trash. The Luna walked out of the house through the kitchen door. As she walked toward the trash bins, she stilled. A scent hit her nose; it was a scent she recognized. Laura smelled the scent more, and there were other scents. Realization hit her as the trash bag was dropped to the ground. "Andrea!? Damn it! She must be where Jessica and Waylen are at!" Laura wasted no time and ran toward the path where her son and Jessica went. Luckily, it wasn't far, but the Luna couldn't let out the possibility that Andrea might do something.

If she did, then Laura was not afraid to do the unthinkable.

Meanwhile, Jessica and Waylen were face to face with a deranged-looking Andrea. Waylen met Andrea once and remembered that she hugged his Uncle Rickon. The boy knew Andrea was a werewolf and remembered his mother telling him not to mention or show anything about their identities. He wished he was at the age to transition to a werewolf, but he was still too young. Even at his age, he felt powerless. However, Waylen felt Jessica pushing him behind her; she wanted to protect him. "Mom, Dad, please help!"

"Lady, I d-don't know what you're deal is, but there is a child here and-"

"You stole him from me! You damn whore! You stole the love of my life away!"

Jessica was getting annoyed with Andrea's rumbling. "What are you talking about? Are you high on something? I didn't steal anyone away." 

A low growl escaped Andrea's lips; her eyes became golden. Jessica noticed, and a shiver ran throughout her body. "Don't act so innocent, bitch! You stole Rickon away from me! He was supposed to be my mate!"

Jessica flinched when Rickon was mentioned. He never mentioned anything about other women or even exes. That was when she realized something. "It was you. You were the one who damaged my car and my apartment!" Andrea let out a sharp grin; her teeth slowly grew, as did her nails. Jessica trembled in fear when she saw her appearance slowly change. "Wh-What are you?"

Waylen knew that Andrea was about to change in her werewolf form; he felt something must be done. "J-Jessica, we need to run!" When Jessica was about to ask, Waylen pulled her in the opposite direction. Waylen then heard cracking sounds; his eyes widened in fear as Andrea's skin was covered in dark grayish fur; her face became longer and slightly wider. Her eyes changed into a dull golden color, and she got taller. He and Jessica were stunned at the sight that they couldn't move. Waylen had seen his father and other pack members transform into werewolves. Andrea, however, never let her sight go from Jessica; she had the intent to kill.

Andrea's werewolf transformation was complete.

Jessica's eyes widened in absolute horror as Jessica fully transformed. She struggled to breathe; her legs trembled violently, and she was no longer able to stand. Waylen got back to reality and began shaking her. "Jessica, please get up! Get up!"

Andrea let out a menacing wolfish smirk as she prepared to strike. She got into position and was about to run toward her. "STOP!" yelled out a voice. Andrea and Waylen flinched as someone jumped in between them. Laura had a couple of droplets of sweat on her forehead and neck. The Luna was relieved that she made it in time.

"Mommy!" cried Waylen.

"Waylen, don't come close! You and Jessica hide behind the trees!"

The boy tried pulling Jessica to hide, but she was unresponsive; the young woman was in shock. "Please, Jessica; you got to move!"

Laura then glared at Andrea and used her mind-link to try to connect with her. "You got to stop this! This is not the way to go!"

"She stole Rickon away from me! It's because of her that Rickon left me!"

"Andrea, Jessica is his mate! We cannot fight against our nature! You know it! Your true mate is out there! You have to let Rickon go! He will never love you! You will only hurt yourself!"

"You don't know anything! Rickon does love me! This bitch is confusing him! Once she's gone, everything will be back to the way it was!"

The Luna couldn't believe how damaged Andrea was. However, she had gone through a lot and believed it was too late to get to her. There was no other option but to do the worst if it meant protecting her son and Jessica. The mind-link ended, and Andrea made her strike. Laura dodged Andrea's bite toward her as she knelt and grabbed Andrea by her neck, trying to push her away. "JESSICA, SNAP OUT OF IT AND RUN AWAY WITH WAYLEN!" yelled Laura.

Jessica eventually returned to reality as she saw the sight before her; Andrea looked straight at her. She was after her. The young woman felt Waylen tugging her to get up; that was when she realized their danger. She stood up but struggled in the process. "S-Sorry!" Jessica was about to run away with Waylen, but Andrea saw this; she dropped herself to the ground and made a turn, which made Laura lose her drip. 

Andrea got free and ran toward the duo who were running toward the path that led to the path. "NO!" 

Jessica turned around and saw Andrea running toward them. She immediately got Waylen's hand and pushed him away. The werewolf used her front paws and stepped on her back with full force, making Jessica yelp in pain. The young woman was on the ground as Andrea snarled at her; her teeth were in front of her face. Jessica looked the other way, closed her eyes, and screamed, knowing her fate. Andrea was about to strike but was then pushed off by Jessica.

Jessica, Laura, and Waylen were shocked. Two werewolves arrived with enraged snarls. Laura was relieved that her husband and Rickon arrived. Rickon, however, stood in front of the frightened Jessica; he was the one who pushed Andrea away. Matthias stood before his son, who trembled in fear.

Andrea lay on the ground as she immediately regained her footing. She couldn't believe that Rickon and Matthias arrived as fast as they did. She would have been happy to see Rickon, but when she saw him in his werewolf form, he looked different from what she was used to. He snarled and growled in utter rage that it gave tiny vibrations to the earth. His eyes glowed as they had the intent to kill. 

Without warning, Rickon attacked.