Brianna

Jessica felt her soul wanted to leave her body when she saw the one person she hoped never to see; it was wishful thinking. Brianna, Iris's sister, stood before her. Brianna had a pale complexion with a mole on the right cheek of her face and one on her left arm; her short, dark brunette hair was in disarray and greasy. Her dark brown eyes looked gaunt, with slight bags under her eyes. Her makeup was out of place, as much of it was smeared. Brianna was overweight and wore tight clothing, which made her look plumper. "I can't believe Derek would even sleep with this blob!" Then, a scent hit Jessica's nose; it smelled like alcohol. 

Brianna slightly swerved as she looked at Jessica from head to toe. "Wh...What th-the hell do y...you want?"

"What the hell do I want!? I asked you what the hell you're doing here!? You drunken tramp!"

"It's a f...free street." Brianna then smirked. "How's my sister?"

Jessica knew that Brianna was trying to get a rising out of her. However, the young woman knew Brianna felt no remorse for her actions. Jessica had known Brianna for a while and felt that Brianna had always been jealous of Iris and her success. She wanted to punch her across the face but couldn't risk going to jail since she and Iris would move tomorrow. "Iris is doing good. She has a new man."

Brianna stilled, even in her drunken state; the confusion was apparent. "She has a man?"

"What? Are you thinking of trying to take him away? You sleazy tramp."

The drunken woman stuck her tongue out. "Maybe I will. I did with her ex."

"Yet, he's not with you either."

"We still sleep together."

Jessica suspected that was possible but refused to let Brianna have her way. "Good, trash always belong together. You would be wasting your time on Brianna's new man. He knows all about you and what you have done. You open your fat legs and let anyone in, but you can't keep them when they realize that you were never worth it. Why isn't Derek with you? He sleeps with you but is not with you." When Brianna didn't answer, Jessica continued. "You go after everyone who is with Iris because you are nothing more than an insecure tramp. When men cheat, they don't go for something better; they go for something easy. It makes sense why you are still a drunk; it's because you're alone."

Jessica was about to walk to her car, but Brianna pushed her. Jessica was about to fall, but with the correct footing, she stopped herself from falling to the ground. Anger filled her entire being, and she dropped her food and swiftly went to Brianna, who was about to go to her. However, Jessica was swifter and moved to the right side, making Brianna move too quickly and unable to anticipate what was happening. Then, Jessica elbowed Brianna's side so hard that she lost her footing and fell.

Brianna groaned in pain, looking as if she wanted to cry. Jessica was still angry but knew that some bystanders had stopped and looked at what had happened. She got her belongings, got in the car, and drove off.

Meanwhile, Iris was still in the living room as she finished watching her movie. She was worried that Jessica hadn't arrived since more than thirty minutes had passed. The restaurant wasn't too far, but many customers and traffic were always available. Iris was about to dial her friend's number, but then she heard the doorknob moving; Jessica entered with the food in hand. "Jessica, I was getting worried about you."

Iris then noticed Jessica's expression; she was angry. Before Iris could ask, Jessica put the goods on the floor. "I saw Brianna."

"Wh-What?" The young woman felt as if her legs were going to give out. "What did she say?"

"She was drunk, girl, like always. She was trying to piss me off, but I had to control my temper. I was going to leave, but that fat pig pushed me, so I pushed her back. I left before it became even more of a dramatic scene."

"I'm sorry that you were the one who had to deal with her. Although, I'm not surprised that she was drunk."

Jessica sat on the floor as she got out the food and served the plates. "She doesn't have regrets about what she had done." She stopped momentarily and realized what she had said to Brianna. "I-I did something stupid."

"Even more than pushing her?"

"I-I accidentally told her that you were seeing someone." Jessica hit herself in the head. "I'm so sorry. I said it in the heat of the moment but Brianna might try to do something to ruin your next relationship." It was silent between the women; Jessica glanced at her friend, afraid of her reaction. However, Jessica was surprised to see Iris calm. "A-Aren't you mad?"

 "No. For some reason, I don't feel worried about what Brianna might do. She may or may not find out about Maverick, but something in my heart tells me that Maverick will not fall for Brianna's tricks. It's as if we connect even though we haven't been together long."

Jessica ate a piece of broccoli as she became silent. Her mind then trailed to Rickon and how she felt strongly connected to him. It was a connection she had never felt with another man; it was as if they could feel each other's hearts. "You know, I feel the same way with Rickon. I guess you're right; you shouldn't worry about Maverick. After knowing the big galoot, he seems to care for you, maybe even..."

"Jessica, we shouldn't jump to conclusions too soon. Besides, I want us to get to know one another more before it becomes serious."

"Oh, so you hope it becomes even more serious." Iris tried to contain the blush that was coming to her face. "There's no shame in it, girl. I am happy for you. Besides, tomorrow is the day we start new lives! We are going to quit our old jobs and find new ones and we're going to be happy!" She then served two cups of mocktails and gave one to Iris.

The two young women cheered, ate, and drank to their hearts' content, excited for the new day ahead.