Heal

Iris and Maverick arrived at the hospital with Asher in Iris's arms. The boy was shaking from the experience, and Iris did everything she could to comfort him. The human patients noticed Maverick's sweating appearance; many human women eyed him with interest or lust. Maverick ignored them as he called out to the pack doctor, who saw his state. His arm slowly released white pus, and his skin slowly turned purple. The pack doctor told Iris to wait in the guest area, but she refused to leave Maverick's side. Maverick told the doctor that she and Asher could go with them.

The three were led to one of the hospital rooms, which was small, but inside, there was another door with a sign that said, 'Hospital Personel Only.'  The doctor headed in first as Maverick closed the door behind them. "This is where we keep the antidotes when someone from our pack gets struck with silver." The doctor opened the door, and he motioned everyone to enter. Iris was surprised to see a larger room with many metal-like cabinets with double glass. Inside were small veils of light green liquids. The room itself had white walls that Iris felt could blind someone. The lights were very bright, making the room shine. 

Maverick coughed as his body trembled. "M-Maverick, I think you should sit down." Iris gently held onto his arm as she motioned him out of the lab-like room to sit on one of the chairs. When Maverick was struck, he only had a small cut, but the silver seemed to go through his bloodstream. Iris would have never imagined that silver could do so much damage. When looking at Asher, she noticed that he had fallen asleep. All the stress must have exhausted him; she gently put him on the cushioned chair, and he didn't awaken.

The doctor eventually walked into the room with a small antidote injection. Maverick motioned out his arm as the antidote was injected into his system. Maverick motioned his head back as he felt his entire body feel calm but then felt bile going up his throat. Maverick was given a small pink bowl, and he threw up on the bowl; Iris cringed as she watched the sight unfold. "W-Will he be okay, doctor?"

"Yes, his body is letting all the toxins out. Silver is like poison for us werewolves, and the antidote helps him clear everything. It is an ugly business, no matter how much silver a werewolf was infected with." When Maverick was done throwing up, the doctor took the bowl. "I suggest you stay here for an hour to ensure that your body has completely released all the toxins. I will check up on you by then." 

Maverick slowly nodded. The doctor left the couple alone with a sleeping Asher. Iris then went to the small sink, wetted a small towel, and slowly patted it on Maverick's forehead and neck. "A-Are you sure you're okay? Are you sure the antidote was enough?"

"Yeah, my body is slowly going back to the way it was. It just takes time." Maverick let out a soft chuckle as he motioned out his right hand. Iris slowly held onto it, and when held, Iris felt her emotions getting too much. She let out a soft cry as tears threatened to form. "Iris, please don't cry. I-"

"No. I knew what I did was dangerous! I-I should have waited for your signal! You could've died because of me!"

"You saved Asher; I would have done the same if I were in your position. We're all okay, so please don't cry." He gently touched her face. "It's also my fault for bringing you into this situation. I know you wanted to make Asher comfortable, but it was more of my responsibility since we didn't know what kind of enemy we were facing. Next time, I will not put you in a dangerous situation. I would never forgive myself if I put you and Asher in a dangerous situation again. Also, please promise me something."

Iris nodded. "Yes, anything."

"No matter what, don't do anything that will put you at risk." The Beta touched his heart; his weak eyes never left hers. "My heart won't bear another loss."

The young woman noticed the hint of sadness in Maverick's voice. He was terrified of losing her; it broke her heart. Without warning, she gently put her hands on his face and gently kissed him. Maverick was surprised but slowly opened his lips, making the kiss deeper. It made the Beta happy that Iris was starting to open up to him; not only that, but she was expressing her feelings toward him. His thoughts were interrupted when he felt Iris's tongue touching his; it made him excited, and he played along. Their kiss was deep and passionate, and their tongues swerved with one another; it made them excited. They eventually separated; a hint of their saliva dripped as they slowly caught their breaths.  

"S-Sorry, I-"

"Never apologize for something like that. I actually do enjoy this side of you. I hope to get to experience it more often." Maverick wiggled his eyebrows.

Iris blushed as she looked away from embarrassment. She couldn't believe that she took action. However, the need to be close to him was more potent. Her thoughts were interrupted when she saw Asher let out soft cries in his sleep. She slowly walked beside him and gently touched his hair. "Will Asher come with us after you're healed?"

"Yeah. After what happened, I'm not comfortable leaving him in the hospital."

"Maverick, why did that man do what he did? What was he trying to gain?"

The Beta slowly stood as he felt his strength returning to him. "I don't know, Iris. However, Matthias took in that hunter to interrogate him."

"Hunter?"

"Yes, hunters are humans who hunt werewolves. They are trained in martial arts and weaponry; they also specialize in using silver to kill werewolves."

"My god..."

Maverick went and hugged her; Iris hugged him back. "You're worried about me, I'm more worried for you, Maverick." She looked up at him. "Promise me that you won't get hurt."

"I promise." Deep down, Maverick feared whether or not he would be able to keep his promise.