Chapter 55

In astrology, there was a theory that stated that the stars that go supernova are responsible for creating many of the elements that make up the human body. 

I stumble upon this theory that stated that the star was cut in half and the two bodies are scattered around the earth and maybe near each other, that's why we know, and we feel that pull, we feel that crazy connection towards a person, that no matter how long or how far you are from each other, you always know you belong together.

Soulmates.

And when it comes to Greek mythology it was stated that humans were spherical beings with two sets of human limbs and two faces—one on each side of their head. 

We were powerful in that state to the point that we dared to threaten the gods themselves. Planned to overthrow the divine rulers, become the new gods, and rule in their stead. 

The gods couldn't ignore this audacity. 

Zeus, the King of the Gods, decided to punish us. He split the original humans into two halves, forever separating us. This act left humans with an eternal longing—to reunite with their other halves. 

So, when two halves find each other, there's a silent understanding, a feeling of being joined in unison. Their souls recognize no greater joy than that reunion. 

The search for our soulmate echoes across time, connecting us to this ancient myth—a timeless quest for completeness.

I was brought back to my senses when I feel her move, I could see the sun rays through the small holes of her hut, seeping through it, as if desperate to touch her, I would be desperate too.

The bird was already chirping outside as everyone woke up, I wipe the tears of joy as Magdalena opens her eyes, the sun rays hitting it making her close again.

"I thought you were a dream." She mumbles, I could feel how fulfilling it is to wake up with her again.

She scooted more into me, wanting to be closer as I held her tighter.

"How was your sleep?" I whisper, kissing the top of her head.

She didn't answer for quite some time, Magdalena let out a sniff that made me feel broken.

"You returned, like what you have promised." A smile played in my lips as I started caressing her hair, that by the has grown so long and oh boy, how I love it so much.

"I love you." I whispered as she cries more into my chest, I did not move, I dare not to move because I know we both needed this.

The morning was spent in that bed, cuddling and letting out bottled emotions, talking and a lot of crying, not long before her stomach started to grumble though.

"I'm starving." She mumbles, shyness evident on her voice as I let out a heartily laugh.

"Shall we?" I asked, not really moving as she is clinging into me like a koala.

MagdalenaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara