Chapter 32

Quitting basketball did something to the team, not just the team but the whole school, it was sudden and unexplained but I was nonchalant about it. I love the silent, even though people stares at me as I walk in the hallway, they are curious as to what or why I quit, I don't have any reason to tell because it is personal but I can handle it, I'll just have to use my inhuman power and they'll forget about it.

I was bombarded with questions, text messages from the team and even the coach messaged me, the team no longer have any game anymore but we are needed to be present when it is time for recruiters.

"Can we talk?" I looked at Coach Sugar who doesn't look very happy.

"What is going on?" I asked as we walked down the hallway and to Coach Sugar's office, I've read her mind and it's not good.

"Is there something wrong? Skylar just dropped out of nowhere and we don't have any idea on how to contact her, even the mayor don't know where she is now and Isabella is out of reach."

"What?-

"You heard me, Carina. As soon as I received your message about quitting, Skylar message me too and I tried asking her why but she blocked me. That's why you're here because I asked the Mayor about his daughter but they seemed uncaring about the situation and I know you're one of the people who cares about Skylar. I don't know if I'm overreacting or what but I don't feel good about this." Coach Sugar looks so stressed but I don't have time to comfort her as I stood up and I run to find Magdalena.

I knocked on her door and when I heard the come in I immediately opened it. Seeing her peacefully doing her papers and when she saw me she smiled immediately but it disappears as she reads my body language. She stood up and lock the door.

"What's wrong?" I calmed down when I feel her hands caress my cheeks. I was closing my eyes as I lean into her touch. She calms me down.

"I just came here to check on you." I opened my eyes smiling softly at her.

"You're such a big softy." I nodded my head as the two of us sit down, I mean I'm the one who sits down as Magdalena settled in my lap.

"You can tell me anything as soon as you're ready. Always remember that okay?" I nodded and buried my head in her chest, smelling her scent. Magdalena just starts on combing my hair using her fingers as I close my eyes.

I don't want to jump to any conclusion about Skylar, Isabella and Karin, their presence are not yet in school and it's starting to worry me but I will wait, no rushing. I will not rush things, I know I'm such an asshole friend but Magdalena's comfort and safety must come first.

I mind link to my people about the situation and I already got them to investigate it, it won't take long, I hope, to find them.

I know the Queens of the other realm will not be happy about it too, Isabella is their sweet niece and I hope this won't make a huge mess in the relationship between my father and the Queens.

"The school already contacted the authority but 24 hours is what they needed to announce missing." I nodded my head.

I have a bad feeling about it and I'm not liking it a bit. They are in big trouble and I hope they are not dead.

Magdalena's phone rang as she stood up and reach for it, sit back to my lap and answered the call.

"Ms. Laurel? It's a good news, one of your student is found. Isabella Perez." We both sigh in relief. As the person on the other line keep talking.

"How about Skylar and Karin?" Magdalena questioned.

"Unfortunately we don't have any lead for now, Miss. We found Miss Isabella Perez with the help of some guards that her family assigned-

Vampires

"They were said to be the best of all and well, it's true but when we asked for their help when it comes to finding Skylar and Karin they refused to acknowledge our request and they just left."

Of course they would, their only concern is Isabella and it was commanded by the Queens and you must be crazy if you disobey it.

They hang up the call as I closed my eyes, it's hard making decisions right now, I cannot leave Magdalena's side, with the enemies lurking around and targeting those people who get close to me, no wonder if they would ever target Magdalena too.

"What's your plan?" I look at my mate and softly kiss her lips, we both calmed down.

"My plan is to make sure you're safe, Magdalena." I said truthfully as she nodded her head. There was a knock on the door and Magdalena opened it revealing one of the vampire that I asked to help find Skylar and Karin.

He bow and I cleared my throat.

This is not the time to ask questions and I know Magdalena have many of it.

If I were to reveal who and what I truly am in order to make sure she's safe, I will.

It hurts hiding everyday, it hurts being unable to show who I truly am to her because it might change a lot of things, human is to protect themselves to a creature like me but I am different, I hope she doesn't see me as a monster.

I shook my head as I look at the vampire who have his eyes on the ground. It's disrespectful to look directly into an eyes of a royal.

"Tell me everything." Authority in my voice and I know Magdalena is curious about it.

"We have inspect every corner of the town but we did not saw anything that will lead to Miss Skylar and Karin, Ma'am. But we did find some belongings that I believe belongs to them." I nodded my head as he proceeded to show me the small dinosaur toy that Skylar told me was her lucky charm.  I took it in hand as examine it, nothing on it but when I flipped it my stomach sunk.

It's my father's symbol on it.