Chapter 44

"So you mean to tell me that you're not really a vampire? But a human who was put in an enchantment by someone who knows black magic?" I nodded my head at Magdalena as she tries to understand all the things I was telling her. This is it, the time that I've been waiting for.

What happened last night was, well- I, let's not talk about it.

"But... but I saw your eyes, their glowing red and your fangs last night?" I nodded my head again at her.

"Can you show it to me again? I'm probably dreaming or are you pulling pranks on me?" She accused that made me laugh.

"I'm not a prankster, love." I assured as I let my eyes turned red and bared my fangs on her, and I saw nothing but wonder and amazement in her eyes as Magdalena reach out her hand to touch my bared fangs but stopped when she was inches apart from touching it.

"Can I touch it?" I nodded my head at her as she proceeded to touch my fangs, Magdalena's hands were shaking, causing it to touch the sharpest part of my fangs.

It hits the smell like I just inhale a drug, I didn't even think twice and acted the way I acted as I suck the wounded finger and damn it was the sweetest, the most amazing blood I've ever tasted in my life.

"I just really want to say that you have the most amazing blood I've ever tasted ny whole life-

"How old are you?" She cut me off and the conversation we had months ago rings in my head.

"Didn't you tell me that it's rude to ask a lady about her age?" Magdalena rolled her eyes.

"Yes, I clearly remembered telling you that. Now tell me." She was persistent.

"I'm 318 years old, I've live 3 centennial periods of my life and 18 years, and all of it was a lie." I told Magdalena. Curiosity was all over her face and it made me smile that she was so interested about my past and who I am.

"Tell me all about you, Carina."

"Are you sure? Are you mentally and emotionally prepared yo hear what's about to be discussed? I am ready to tell you everything, Magdalena, but are you ready to hear it all? I don't want you to feel sorry for me or anything-

I was cut off with a kiss that I quickly reciprocated, it was tender, soft and reassuring as I feel myself relax. Collecting the memories I have buried deep inside my brain. Readying my mouth to speak all of those unspoken experience I've experienced.

I nodded my head at her as I started telling her how it all started. How I was having a lovely life to knowing it was all a lie. I told her how much she have given me the truth that I deserve because if we think about it, if I haven't met Magdalena, I wouldn't be in this situation, in this state that I'm aware of what I am and who I am.

I told her about my past, about me being alive because of the black magic that Alaric put in me and she would ask me questions and I would answer her with sincerity. Magdalena would point out who this person is and how he or she have affected my life. She would question what is my relationship with them and how deep it was.

I could sense her anger and I could feel myself tearing up again at the thought that I was lonely in this world, I have no family or anyone I could rely on except her, Magdalena.

This talk was hurting me but I know it'll be worth it and if I want Magdalena to stay with me, I need to make her understand why I am the way I am. I need to make her understand how I grew up so she would know.

I want her to understand me.

Magdalena looks at me so much care, love and encouragement that it keeps me going, telling her things I've never spoken to anyone. We would pause every now and then because I want her to take it all in slowly.

I was tearing up when I talked about the mental abuse I've experienced and it made me mad as the tears keeps falling down. I was poisoned and I shouldn't be mad at myself but I am.

Magdalena comforts me, we were still both naked from last night and it didn't even matter if she saw the tattoos carved in my body, it would all disappear once the black magic fade away. I hope it is sooner.

"No one knows the rage you have in you to become this gentle and tender-

"I am only gentle and tender with you because you make me feel alive." I told her. It was the truth as I couldn't spoke another word again. It feels like my sobbing have blocked my airways that made it impossible for me to talked. I was sobbing like crazy.

It feels like all of the bottled emotions and the hatred I have towards the people who I thought was my family came out flooding, they have used me, poisoned and blocked my senses so they could control me.

The morning was spent with us talking about me. That morning was the most terrifying but most relieving time of my life as Magdalena and I completely embraced each other, welcoming and letting sleepiness take over. I was tired, she was tired and that sleep was the most relaxing sleep I've ever had in my entire existence.

<⁠(⁠ ̄⁠︶⁠ ̄⁠)⁠>

The aroma of adobo and another dish that I couldn't identify greeted me as I opened my eyes, and I immediately realized that I would be stuffed after eating all of this Filipino food.

I stretch, took a shower and dressed up with a loose-fitting shirt and a baggy pants, I must admit, the trend and generation right now have some good taste in clothing, nice fashion sense.

"Hey, gorgeous! Good afternoon." Magdalena greeted me and I was starstruck by her beauty, her radiant smile, the messy bun, the apron, the spatula in her hand and just her standing there like a sexy gorgeous lady that she is.

"Good afternoon!" I came up to her with a big smile on my face, hugging her as if we haven't seen each other for a long time, kissing her forehead as I let the noise of whatever she was cooking fill the silence.

I was back hugging her while she continues to cook. She smell so nice.

"How was your sleep?" I asked her.

"It's lovely. I love you."

"I love you more." I whispered.

When all the food she was cooking was finally done, I set up the table and helped her prepare it all. It was a meal for two, but there were two different dishes, and I'm so excited to have a taste of them. 

"That is sinigang, adobo and of course, rice." Both of us shared a heartfelt laugh as I nodded my head at the introduction of the new dish. It has an amazing and interesting smell.

We talked and laughed as we ate; no one brought up what happened earlier, and I was not ready to deal with it again, not now at least. I'm happy that she knows just what to do in this kind of situation. I appreciate all of it, and it was a nice feeling after talking about it. The heaviness was gone.

Something was different—it was different, but a good kind of different. I can't explain what it is, but it's there, and it was a pleasant feeling. Maybe it was the happiness I feel right now, or maybe the smile on her face that seems so radiant, or maybe the lightness I feel in my chest. Something has changed, and it's a change that I don't mind at all. 

Maybe because of how light I feel, it feels like I am floating, and I am not scared to float away because I know Magdalena would hold me.

"Magdalena." She looks up at me smiling dearly.

"What is it, Baby?"

"I only have you. Please take care of yourself for me and I would take care of myself for you." We will keep nurturing and growing the love that we build and to whoever wants to destroy it will die.

I will protect the only truth in my life right now and will be forever thankful because Magdalena made me feel again.