Chapter 18

Do you ever get that nostalgic feeling? Like a deja vu when you see a certain person and everything just start replaying in your head? All those buried memories you have with them, those core memories you have kept to keep them alive in your heart and mind? Because that's what I feel as soon as my best friend walk in.

I was immediately pulled into a tight hug and I couldn't be more happier this day, my special day. I am losing breath that's why he immediately let go saying sorry but laughing his ass off like he always does.

My family are so shock to see one of the best of the best models that ever walked on earth, Enrico Cuenca.

"Yes, yes, yes, I'm sorry for interrupting you guys but I am here to surprise, Magda." He said. I just noticed that he have something on his hands, flowers and something in a box.

"I just have a feeling that most of the brownies here would be disgusting." He said, not really giving a thought that my siblings and father are in complete shock to see a tall, lean and beautiful man. I am sometimes jealous of his butt, it's bigger than mine.

"Guys, this is Enrico Cuenca, he is the best friend I was talking about that I met here and have helped me out." I said, trying to help them figure out who the heck this man is.

He's taller than me, actually they are all taller than me. We met when I first moved here and have helped me find a place, he was just actually here that time because his project would be shot in Rose City. Even though it's not Rosey in here, I don't know where the name Rose City came from.

"You baked this for me??" I was so excited to taste them, because even though he's a busy man, he made sure to come and visit me sometimes to give me this, brownies are my favorite.

"Yes, I did." He flips his long hair and decided to tie it up. He already knows his way to my house as if he have live here. He's like a long lost brother to me.

"You really are Enrico Cuenca?" My brother Clint uttered in complete amazement and I know it feeds my best friend's ego who laugh at this and nodded his head.

"Yup." He simply said, sitting down and started filling up his own plate and it goes like that for another minute, complete silence but they started talking, moving on.

I, on the other hand started putting the brownies on a plate and walked back to the dining table, putting it and eating.

"This is so delicious!" I exclaimed.

"Why don't we go the backyard now?" My sister suggested.

It was dark already and I raised an eyebrow at them but they gave me that 'trust us' look that I just get along. They are always full of surprises I guess.

What I saw made my heart flutter in amusement, it has a banner that says happy birthday. It's like a child's birthday but oh well, I'm the youngest, alcohol beverages is around too, it's not too much but at least they are here.

"How are you, Magda?" I heard my best friend sit beside me as I sip my wine. I have classes tomorrow so I'll just stick with a very low percentage of alcohol beverage.

"I'm good, Ric. How about you?" He smiled and nodded his head.

"I'm good, I'm so happy that my manager chose this town, at least I get to see you in your day." I smiled at this even though I know he will eventually come.

I was about to speak when my father announced the arrival of his boss that made Enrico ask me who it is. I have to explain to him about this work my father was talking about.