Chapter 11

Ms. Laurel's P.O.V

Is it just me who's dreaming about dying? I've been having dreams of myself falling somewhere, in a cleft, in a building or in an airplane, or getting stab by a knife or an icepick, or getting hit by a car. My dreams will always end up with me dying. It was every night that I just get used to it, I would wake up sweating like crazy, catching my breath and then get up, pretend that everything okay.

Tonight though, it was different, it was not a good kind of different, but at least it was somewhat not like what I used to.

I opened my eyes to see nothing but darkness. I stand up and tried walking in this emptiness, the terrifying thought came in mind as I tried looking around and I eventually give up, knowing that I would be dead in this dream again and would wake up to reality.

But as I turned around, I saw a glimpse of light, I was fast to run towards it and when I'm so close a body of a man block my way, I was shock to see red eyes, the man have pair of glowing red eyes and he was looking at me with hunger.

So this is how I'm gonna die? Being suck dry by a vampire? I wasn't scared for my life because I know I would wake up if I die in my own dreams. I was somewhat prepared.

I closed my eyes and readied myself to be eaten by this creature, this is seriously making me believe more that vampires do exist. I read a lot, like a lot a lot, every genre is in my list and reading about vampires became one of my favorite, but never have I ever thought that they are real, I have hopes actually that they do exist, but not at the same time, I don't want be suck by a vampire.

I feel a presence beside me that made me shut my eyes tighter, my hands closed into a fist as I wish that this would end sooner, but an odd feeling came in me because I feel safe, protected? What the? It was crazy, because I've never felt like this before, it was always scary, terrifying and I never felt anything other than that.

I'm wondering who the hell this person is, I was about to open my eyes to look at the other person but my eyes failed me when I heard a growl, it was animalistic, it was terrifyingly comforting, it was not a growl that is meant from me but for the other vampire, I came to conclusion that I'm in a vampire realm or something.

It was silent until someone wail in pain, and the wailing is gone. I dare to open my eyes and what shock me is because I'm staring to a very familiar eyes, a gray pair of eyes, but  golden specks was scattered all around it until it was back to normal, she smiled lovingly at me and I involuntarily closed my eyes when her hand caress my cheeks.

"Wake up, mi amor." Her voice in making my knees weak.

My eyes opened wide as I tried to recall everything, it was fresh. I didn't wake up sweating or breathing heavily, I just wake up with a beating of my heart and it was beating fast, not from being a scaredy cat, but something else I don't want to admit.

"What the hell was that?" I asked myself as I sit up and started to stretch my body, stiff from sleeping.

It takes me forty-five minutes to get everything done and now I'm driving my way to the school, prepared for the day and trying to get my shit right in places, I know those grey eyes would hunt me, but I didn't know it would come to my dreams too!

"Good morning Ms. Laurel!" I jumped in my seat as a student knock in my window, I look up to see those pair of grey eyes again, it was glowing with happiness that I can't help but return the gesture, those golden specks came back and it was gone before I know it.

"Good morning, Black."

"Oh please, just call me by my name Ms. It's unfair that you call everyone by their name and me? You're calling me by my last name, I feel old." Her playfulness is contagious that I couldn't help but laugh, getting my things out of my car, and Carina insisting on taking some.

"You know I can handle myself, I've been doing this for a long time now." I mumbled at her.

"Oh really? How old are you?"

"It's rude to ask a lady about their age, Black." I informed her again, emphasizing her last name that made her groan playfully.

I could only shake my head as I greeted teachers or students on the way to my classroom, it wasn't odd to have a student help me because it was always like this, I'm aware of my good teacher reputation too.

"Oh? There's a policy about it? It's rude to ask someone's age? What about those interviewer who asked the audience or an employee about their age, they're rude?" I heard that Carina is a smart one, she have completed everything in just a day, I mean everything, that the other teachers were also shock, I even thought that she have someone who helped her but I heard that she's living alone, it's from the principal, I didn't- yes, I 'accidentally' eavesdropped when the principal is talking about her.

She aced every exam, quiz or even pop quiz when all she does is stare at nothing or me. Yup, I know that she have something towards me but I think it's just a silly crush because she's new, she'll get over it soon.

She may be so smart, but she can be dumb when it comes to small information.

"No, it was like a- how do I say this- it's an unwritten policy to never question a lady about her age, some people get offended by it. "I let out a chuckle as she nodded her head like a child learning something.

"Oh shit! Did I offend you?"

"Language." I shook my head at her as she scratch the back of her neck, it was a habit of hers that I noticed.

"Sorry, did I offend you Ms?" She asked, politely this time which I shook my head to.

Students started entering my classroom as Carina just stood beside me, though I'm trying very hard not to check her out, she was bluntly looking at my eyes, I feel so naked when she's looking at me like that.

"The class is starting, you should go to your seat now-

"You have the most amazing eyes Ms. Laurel, I hope you know it." She whispered at me and cheekily smiled after dropping that line as I try to hide the blush in face, as if they could notice that I'm a blushing mess. This kind of situation made me feel thankful about my brown skin.

As everyone finally settled in, I tried calming my heartbeat and when I looked up, those grey eyes was looking at me already, a smirk in her face is plastered, Carina is going to be the death of me.

I really hope my dream is not connected in reality.