Chapter 6

"Okay, how the fuck are you not tired? Or having to take deep breaths? Bitch, what are you?" I shrugged my shoulder at Sky who's breathing heavily. Panting as she lays down on the court floor.

Should I pretend that I'm tired? Why would I? It was like I'm catching a butterfly in a forest actually, the game is somewhat interesting, I think I pissed off most of my teammates which is not good. But I couldn't care less.

"That's a good game." It was Perez who spoke, one of my teammates who I think is the nicest of all, although she's a little sassy, but she have a good heart. I could tell.

"Uhh thanks?" I scratched the back and of my neck, not really sure what to respond.

"I'm Isabella Perez, but everyone here calls me Issa." I accepted her out reach hand as a good vampire that I am and shake it, probably forming another friendship this day

"Carina Black." I offered a genuine smile at my now not so short friend.

"Cool-

"Black." I really wish my heart is beating right now, but the smile appeared in my face when I heard her voice so that would do.

"I see you have a crush on Ms."  I look at Perez who's smirking as she wave her hand walking away from us. She have a dirty blonde hair and a body of a model, she's actually pretty. And I find out while reading her mind, ehem, I still feel guilty for doing that, but my reasons are valid, I want to know if they are fake or not. I find out that Issa is gay. I think I would like her to be my friend. Gosh, I'm collecting gay friends, aren't I?

"No, Perez, she's literally inlove and already simping." Was Sky's words, but I rolled my eyes at her and turned around to look at my mate, who have a strange expression in her face. Do I dare to say jealousy in her face? That is also natural thing in the mate bond.

"What did I do this time?" I raised both of my hands, pretending to surrender myself to her. I don't know why, but it's really hot looking at her right now, her hair is in a messy bun that made her more beautiful.

I walked towards her, wanting to be near this beautiful lady and when we are finally five feet apart, I stopped and just examine her face. Her eyebrows is expertly done, it's not thick nor thin, just right amount of eyebrows. Her eyelashes are long and curvy, thick even. She's a definition of a goddess and I don't mind worshipping this work of art.

She have brown skin, I think she's half something, but I couldn't pinpoint what half it is. You know, I really want to just kiss her and be naked with her. Oh shoot, I'm too advanced! I don't even know her name yet. I may have been staring for too that creep her out or the other way around?

"Hi Ms. Laurel." I glared at Sky who give me a mocking smile which I growl lowly in return.

"Hello Skylar." She returned the gesture and look at my friend who have a teasing smile that I know was meant for me.

"Do you need help with anything Ms? We just finished practice and Carina here is so good at playing, she's actually fast." I don't know what she's playing but whatever ever it is. I'm ready for it.

"Yes, I saw her and she have detention with me." I groaned as I rolled my eyes at Skylar who laughs, though I'm liking detention, an hour alone with her? That'll be the death of me, and maybe, just maybe, I could pull one of my tactics.

I look at my mate and smile, this time she actually smiled at me in return! That a big progress. Oh jeez, I'm overreacting.

I turned around to grab my things and just let Ms. Laurel go to her class because I need to change clothes, I don't really mind having her in the shower-

No Carina, focus! I smirk when I looked at Skylar who have a panic look in her eyes and I definitely know what it's all about, the ice queen, Karin. She was walking in my friends way who just sigh in defeat and walk to the bleachers, and I was gone before everyone could know it.

Shower is not that good knowing that I couldn't feel the cold or hot but I'm alive, it feels like, what should I feel when I shower?oh! It's refreshing, that's what humans feel when they shower, I just feel so clean and dirt free.

Knocking in my mate's door, I heard a come in and opened the door, seeing her with glasses on is another level of lust for me. The want I feel in my body now that we are alone is radiating through and I know she can feel it too, but she's scared?

"I just want you to know that what you said and what you did is really inappropriate, Black." She mumbled, but I heard it loud and clear. I sighed and look down.

My mate's voice held frustration, maybe the bond is overwhelming and she's not really accepting it for now. For now, this is complicated as I thought thoroughly about it. I don't even know if she will want a vampire like me. Goodness! This is harder than I thought it would be!

I look at her once again and nodded my head, I'll just let her mind wander about it, and let the bond do it's thing, because it will grow stronger and stronger every day. She just needs time.

"I'm sorry for how I acted Ms. Laurel. That's very rude of me." I spoke with sincerity in my voice as I saw nodded her head. She signals that I can leave and that's what I did.

She just needs time. She's probably scared about her job or something, or she have another lover and she's questioning herself why she feels something to someone like me? Someone who's three hundred and seventeen years old but looks like a 17 years old gal, but Mrs. Rae said that my mate have been single all her life!

Guess I just need to be patient then, as they said, patience is a virtue.

I did leave the classroom but not the school, I will be guarding my mate, she's going to be mine even though she's already destined to be mine, not mine until I claim it I guess?