Chapter 14

I was shock to see my sister standing there casually as if she owns the school, I think my senses are broken for the mean time and having that kind conversation with my mate is really hard, maybe that's the reason why I didn't sense my sister's presence.

"Baby Carina!" I groaned at the other nickname of mine as I hug my sister tightly, feeling comfortable with our sisters bond, it didn't take long though as I heard someone cleared their throat, I am very familiar of that sound actually.

"Good morning, Miss. I'm Victoria." My sister respectfully uttered but to my surprise, I saw the kind teacher eyed Victoria head to toe as I could only smirk at this behavior that I never thought I would witness.

Probably seeing the resemblance that me and Victoria shared, my mate smiled kindly and nodded her head. What a switch.

"Good morning, miss Victoria." Kind voice of my mate.

It's rude of them to have a conversation in front of me, I mean it's about me and the excuses my sister is saying, but still.

And the hopeless romantic in me is just in thrilled thinking that my sister is talking to her sister-in-law, I did not confess yet and we are in a very awkward situation, I mean I don't feel any awkwardness but her vibes just gives me that, I don't like the way her eyes would try to look at me, but it's like she's stopping herself from giving in, I didn't have a chance but to clear my throat.

"She's doing great with her school activities, Miss Victoria. Are you two sisters?" They just keep going with their conversation and acted like I didn't just cleared my throat. Loudly.

"Yes, yes, Miss. Carina is my baby sister." My sister answered as I just stand there, creepily looking at my mate, at this point I just don't care, I want to stare at her all I want, I didn't get that chance for a lifetime so I'm doing it and she's worth spending my life staring at. I mean, she's a goddess.

And may I correct myself? I'm not staring, I'm admiring.

"We should get going now, Miss. Thank you very much for being there for my sister, she's literally inlove with you!"

I swear to God, I saw her smile and those damn cheeks are blushing, if you you're in a relationship with someone who's brown and haven't seen them blush, you got to try harder bruh.

"She is?" Asked by my mate who's finally looking at me. I cheekily smiled at her, scratching my neck out of habit.

"Of course she is! Miss-

The bell rang loudly interrupting my sister which I'm grateful for, I don't want them to talk about me being in love and my 'teacher' thinking it's fucking silly.

Kids are out of their classroom and started walking towards their new class, I just missed maths then.

"Well, nice talking to you, Miss Victoria and please take good care of Carina." I smiled at this, feeling ecstatic about hearing my name come out of my mate's mouth, she looked at me this time and smile gently in my way.

I returned the favor before she entered her classroom, the beauty look at me with those damn eyes again with a smile on her face before closing the door and I feel like a kid who received a candy from a dentist.

I just really hope we have a progress with our relationship and she stop seeing and feeling the bonding like it's nothing, because it's hard, it's really hard, she's so close yet so far, she's just there but I can't hold her or kiss her, embrace my beloved and give her the warmest home, me.

And no, I don't have a cold body when it comes to my mate, it is said that a vampire is to keep our other warm-

"Let's go?" I look at my sister who have this smile on her face that I couldn't read, she's smiling unusually, I raised an eyebrow and it makes sense to me.

"Did you?"

"Yes, I did, now let's go, little one-

"I'm not that old!

"But I'm old so let's go little-

"Stop calling me that."

We laugh at our childish banter as she told me the location and in a second we are out of the campus.

Thinking about it now, I really am curious and also nervous at the news my sister will tell me, I just really wish it's not that big.

I don't have a problem solving things because my knowledge is enough and I will not be needing anyone to solve whatever it is, but right now, with my mate in the picture, I can't, I will not let anything bad happen to my other half, I will need every force I have to protect my mate.

Standing next to a river, my sister stares at nothing and I know she's thinking about something, I just hope that something is not that problematic, but my sister is a leader of our force, the highest rank of all rank in our guards, our defense and I never saw her like this.

"Why? What's going on, Vic?" I used her nickname that I barely use that made her look at me and she let out a soft sigh.

"There's been an attack nearby North." She started and I was right, she wouldn't be here if it's not that important.

"North? North side of this town? Where my mate lives?" I don't know what happened but something deep inside me became alert, too alert and I know my sister noticed that because she put her hand on my shoulder that made me snap out of my trance.

"Carina, she will be safe. I know you will do anything to keep her safe and I just want you to know that this town is now secured with our guards, they're pretending to be a helper or anything, they will guard this town for your safety, I know you will not like it if I command them to guard your mate, that's why I made sure to tell them about it, you just need to make sure you never let her out of your sight, do your game to have her and if it's possible, mate with her as soon as possible, claim her." I nodded my head, still clouded with everything that my sister told me.

"The attack, tell me about it." I mumbled getting angry at the fact that these scumbags did something. After decades of peace, why now? Why now that I can't help them?

"It's a brutal killing of wolves and vampires, we investigated it and it's something big, Carina. We are gathering all the clues and I have reported this to our parents that's why they told me to tell this to you personally, knowing that your mate may be a target, it's just a theory but we never know." She continued that made me really want to go to the campus but if I don't know anything I won't be able to do something.

"Is it about those rogues?" I asked.

My sister look at me and I know she's thinking because it takes time for her to answer my question.

"Yes and no."

"What do you mean?" I asked again confused by her answer.

"It's hard to tell whatever it is but I think they made a pack and the leader is unknown, still unknown but I have sent the best supernaturals to see what they can find." My big sister put both of her hands on my shoulder and she made me look at her straight to her eyes, I would laugh at this kind of moment with her but she have a serious and concern look that made me sigh and I nodded my head.

"I'll protect my self and especially my mate." I spoke that made her sigh in relief as she step back shaking her head.

"I really don't have a good feeling about this."