Chapter 39

The next day we are back at Magdalena's classroom, she was just checking her group chats because some of those messages are announcement and I can only sit beside her, reading a book as she would talk to me every now and then.

She have mentioned about a meeting that she have to attend and I don't know why she's stressing out, I can completely see and feel it.

"Are yo-

"Yes, definitely not, I got this, I'm going now." I nodded my head, I just want to ask if she's okay. I nodded my head

So I was left with my thoughts. Flipping the pages of the book I was reading, it's a really nice one actually, reminder of things that we were never reminded.

Like this part.

The kindest people are not born that way, they are made. They are the souls that have experienced so much at the hands of life, they are the ones who have dug themselves out of the dark, who have fought to turn every loss into a lesson. The kindest people do not just exist - they choose to soften where circumstance has tried to harden them, they choose to believe in goodness, because they have seen firsthand why compassion is so necessary. They have seen firsthand why tenderness is so important in this world.

Why is human life so complicated?

Emotions are complicated.

I may be able to answer any logical questions but when it comes to emotions, I am not an expert.

Am I loving Magdalena the way she wants to be love? Or do I make her feel love. I couldn't answer my questions. Clearly.

Maybe I should ask her?

I stood up when I feel a dark presence in the campus.

It's the Queen. Not my mother, but the other realm Queen.

"Keiran, come in." I spoke and she opened the door. She doesn't look so happy.

"I came here because I want you to know how unhappy I am about what your father did to my niece, but I know you are very disappointed too, thank you for lashing out and giving your father a piece of mind. I already cut ties with him, but if something ever happen and you need an army, you have me, Carina. I never liked being involved about something like this but you are Isabella's friend." She said. I didn't dare talk, as a respect. She's one of the most respectable Queen in all realms, alongside with her mate and triplets. Those three can bring any realm down with their abilities if they want to.

"You know where to find me if you need help." And she's out.

If my father's brother is really alive then I don't know what shit is about to go down. I know nothing about the man other than his cruelty.

I closed my eyes as I tried feeling my mate again. Relief after knowing she's okay now. Meetings irritates her.

I looked at my watch and it's time to buy something for lunch so I stood up, got out of the classroom and locked it.

When I turned around after locking the door. There was a girl standing in front of me with a box of something in her hands. She looks like she's going to explode out of shyness. She was looking down as if the floor is so interesting.

"H-hi, I'll probably never meet you again so I really build up the courage to finally do this. Uh I'm J-jacqueline or Jacky for short a-and I've been crushing on you since you've transfered here. Um yeah, right here's a box of cookies I've made myself-

"Is everything okay?" I looked to my left seeing Magdalena with the oh so familiar look.

Jacqueline almost jump, she bowed to my mate saying a good morning as she finally look up at me, handing out the box of cookies that I've accepted, I don't want to waste such efforts, I'll probably give it to some kid in the street, and she run away when I get to hold the box of cookies.

MagdalenaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara