I Remember The Bench

Lena's POV

That day, I didn't go back home with Kamaya, Sharon and my mom. I decided to stay with Stef. I wanted to stay right next to her, and I know she wanted me to stay the night.

We didn't have much time to talk just the two of us because my mom was here, then Sharon and Kamaya came back from the ice cream shop. But now Stef and I are finally alone after the doctor and the nurses came in to check on her. A nurse did prepare a pull out for me to sleep on, but I soon find myself in Stef's bed, facing her and losing myself in her intense hazel eyes.

"How does it feel to remember your life?" I ask softly as Stef just smiles at me, with a cheesy look on her face.

"It feels amazing. I finally remember all those amazing orgasms you gave me." she says making me laugh for I would often brag about all the time I made her scream louder than she would like to admit.

"I remember the first time I saw your beautiful face... The first time I touched your soft hand in the school yard. This bench you and Kamaya told me about when you would tell me about how we met... I remember the fights... the heartbreaks, the kids growing up, us growing older together, Frankie..." she says so tenderly that I was melting, and my eyes filled with tears once again.

"I miss your father..." she whispers suddenly, for I guess she didn't have the occasion to grieve that man that she loved a lot, my daddy.

"I miss him too..." I whisper, some tears now escaping my eyes as she gently wipes them away as I close my eyes for a few seconds thinking about my dad.

"Do you regret some parts of our life?" I can't help but ask now as I open my eyes, and she smiles at me.

"I regret nothing. Nothing at all. I'll do it all over again, my love. Everything, because... everything that happened in our life, lead us to where we are now. Married, with amazing children, and still as in love as before." She says softly.

"More." I respond as she frowns her eyebrows a little confused.

"I'm more in love with you than before." I admit for it's true. I fall more in love with her at each smile she would give me, at each laugh she would cause me, everything about her, each time she became a mother again, I fell in love with her harder.

"You know, I... when I said that I wanted a divorce... I didn't mean it Lena... I was mad and hurt and I wanted the old you back... I was so tired, and I missed you so much that I got to the point where the only thing I wanted was to make you react and at the moment, I just took off my ring and thrown the world divorce in your face, but I... I never really wanted to divorce you. And I'm sorry you quitted your dream job because of me." she says as I soon find myself stroking her long blond hair.

"Hey, I don't regret quitting this job at all. And you had every right to ask for a divorce, you should never accept to be treated the way I treated you babe. And that job was never my dream... at some point I thought it was, but... my dream has always been you. You and our babies... I'm still living my dream." I say honestly, for I'm happier than ever and I don't miss the State Assembly at all, not even a tiny bit.

"Okay..." she says as she grabs my hand to kiss it.

"Are you tired baby? Do you want to sleep?" she asks now as I smile at her.

"No, I just want to keep looking at you. You?" I say, intertwining our fingers together.

"Same..." she whispers as we got lost in each other's eyes once again, until she breaks the silence.

"You know, something happened right after the accident. I didn't remember it, but now I do and I feel a bit crazy... I mean I don't know if it was real or if it was some kind of dream..." Stef says.