To Make Me Happy

--------

Stef's POV

Back to San Diego, it was hard to realize that I wasn't going to see that sweet little baby every day because Brandon lives so far away. It was hard that all my children are like dispatched into the world like this, I admit that I would like to have them close, at least to be able to know them better.

"Moms!" Kamaya yelled as she saw me and Lena coming to pick her up from her brother's house.

"Hi baby! Did you have fun with your brother?" Lena asks as she opens her arms wide for Kamaya to run into them.

"Yes! I want to see photos of the baby!" She exclaims happily.

"Oh, and my kiss?" I say for damn do I love this one. She's so sweet and she's so attached to me... I never thought I would be close to my daughter, I'm good with boys, I knew I could handle it, but I was so nervous about having a girl for some reason... I guess I was scared that I wasn't going to be able to give her what she needed, that she would be... I don't know... like me in a way, and I didn't know how to handle that, but now... God, Kamaya is just a gift and I do love her. I just don't know how to take over my role as a mother to her though... I feel like it's not my place when in fact, it is, but I... it's really a struggle for me.

With B, it was instant, he was there, I gave birth to him, and he was my son, but I don't know how things happened with Kamaya, how did we create that bound that seems to matter so much to her?

"Sorry, mommy!" she says as she now comes into my arms and kiss my cheek softly as I smile at her and stroke her soft cheek.

"Now, here your dear photos." I say for we made them develop so that Kamaya could hang some up into her room since she loves having photos of all of us up her bedroom's walls.

"Thank you! Oh she's so cute!" she says as she carefully analyses the photo and Lena looks at me with such tenderness in her eyes as I smile at her now.

"Just as cute as you are babe. And I know you were disappointed that you couldn't come with us to see her, but like we promised, we'll go see them next holiday, okay?" Lena then says to our girl as she couldn't take her eyes off of the photo.

"Can I have a little sister?" Kamaya then blurts out as Lena and I, look at each other immediately. We're not that old, but we are too old to have an eighth baby, and especially in these circumstances where I don't remember a thing, and Lena and I are not really together.

"Oh baby, I don't think so... Mommy and I, we... we can't have another baby. We love having you, my love. We have enough." Lena responds and thank God, because I have no idea how to respond to something like that.

"Is it because mommy can't remember us?" She asks as I saw Lena was struggling on that one, but I was incapable of saying anything.

"No... no, it's... it's just that we have already 6 amazing kids and you're our last baby, that's all my love." Lena says so simply and God she's an amazing mom. She just knows how to words things, and I'm such a mess compares to her which is a reason why I'm struggling with the fact that I'm married to her, and it is also confusing me because of what Tess says to me all the time.

Like... how can she not like Lena? Why does she see Lena as a vicious person, and a bad wife... I mean, yes maybe she did some mistakes, but I'm pretty sure that in twenty-five years, I did too, and yet she's still here... so I don't know... maybe I don't have all the information, or maybe it's just a misunderstanding between the two of them for it is clear by now that Lena doesn't like Tess either.

"Okay... can I have a puppy then?" Kamaya says as Lena smiles and sighs deeply, but that was actually funny as she looks at me, waiting for me now to say something.