Yes Mom

Lena's POV

It was night by now, and after cleaning around a little, everyone went to their room because it was a long day. It was a pretty happy one though. Having all the kids here at the same time it's like some kind of miracle, and them staying a few days and not just a few hours is even nicer.

Stef, I think had a good time, getting to know all our kids, one by one, chatting with them and all, and the kids were so damn happy to see that she was okay, at least physically. They were trying to be resilient and take this as an obstacle that we can all overcome together with as much joy and positivity as possible.

Sharon came by for a while to see Stef and I could tell Stef realized on the spot that her mother wasn't that young anymore, and I could tell it troubled her... but of course that's not something that she's going to admit to me.

Right now, it's time for bed, and after Brandon and Callie helped their mother into the shower where I put a plastic chair, fix to the wall for her to sit down and take her shower safely, it was time for bed, and that... that is an all problem.

"So hum... I suppose you don't want to sleep in the same bed as me..." I say, knowing the respond to that, but I'm glad that she didn't throw a violent no in my face and instead just didn't say anything.

"So... I think it's best if you stay in our room because the bathroom is here, it would be much easier for you if you need to use it at night. I'll be in the guest room right next to that one. If you need anything, you call me, Stef. No matter what time it is, no matter what it is that you need. Don't do something that could put you in danger, please..." I say for I know her, she won't ask, that's why I know I'm not going to sleep well.

"Yes mom..." she says sarcastically, and I decide not to fight her on this because I don't have energy for that silly thing, I have to choose my battles.

"Okay... I... well, ... Good night, Stef." I say, feeling so sad that she's home but that I won't be sleeping next to her, next to my wife. I won't have her in my arms, I won't be in hers... it honestly makes me depressed.

"Good night..." she says, waiting for me to get out so that's what I did...

-----------

The next morning, I woke up feeling tired and again still a bit depressed because I miss my Stef terribly and the realization that there's a chance that I won't ever get her back is killing me... the only thing keeping me going is the love that I have for her, but how long is that going to keep me going, I don't know because my strongest point has always been the love that she has for me, but now that I don't even have that anymore... I don't know...

Anyway, today is another day, so I woke up and went downstairs to get breakfast ready for everybody.

At one point we were all at the table, Sharon too, and I guess Stef was very tired since she was still sleeping last time I checked.

When I watch her sleep it feels like she's my wife again, just sleeping peacefully in our bed waiting for me to wake her up with a kiss... the reality of it is heartbreaking though...

So since it was a bit late even for a Saturday, I decided to go see if Stef was okay once again, I couldn't help it.

That's when I found her trying to reach her crutches that must have fallen down a bit too far away from the bed, and of course she was bending like a fool in a way that could really hurt her, and I want to scream at her so damn bad, for she's so irresponsible when it comes to her health, it drives me insane.

"Stef! I told you to call me if you needed anything. You're going to hurt yourself!" I say, trying very hard not to raise my voice as I rush to grab her crutches from the floor and help her body straight again.

"And I told you to leave me alone, I can do my stuff myself okay? I don't need a babysitter!" she says, grabbing the crutches from my hand a bit roughly.

"Stef, the doctor said that you have to go slow, he said that you need help, and I am your help, okay? You can't just risk yourself like that!" I say, getting almost emotional because she pisses me off, and I feel powerless because she doesn't listen to me at all.

"And why do you care, this is none of your busyness, and you know what from now on, I'll assisted my consultations alone, because I'm a grown ass woman, and I don't freaking need you!" she says so harshly that it makes my blood boiled in my veins.

"This is my busyness, YOU are my busyness, you are my wife and as long as that would be the case, I'll make sure to help you either you like it or not! And FYI, either you get hurt or not doesn't only affect you or me, but it affects the kids too, you saw Kamaya? Did you see her? Because I don't think you understand how hard it is for her to see you hurt! She's scared, okay?! So you better watch yourself Stefanie ADAMS Foster!!" I literally screamed at her for at this point I'm losing my mind over her rudeness and her careless behavior.

And with that I turn around, the fire still in my body to get out for I can't see her face right now. But when I was about to reach the door, I dumped into none other than Mike himself, looking at me and raising an eyebrow for he probably heard me scream.

"Hum... hi... is this a bad time?" he asks as I try to calm down a little not to scream at him too even though he didn't do anything at all.

"No... no, go head. I'll be downstairs, thanks for coming Mike." I say, for it's true that I almost forgot that he was coming this weekend to see Stef.

Maybe it will do her some good, who knows?