Welcome Home

Stef's POV

"Welcome home, mommy!!" I hear everybody yelled when Lena opened the door for me.

I was so pissed at her because it seems like I'm not going to be free to do as I wish with her around, she's so controlling and just... just annoying as fuck!

But then, when I see all my children standing there with their cute banner writing "Welcome Home" on it, looking so happy to see me... I just calm down instantly and sigh at the sight, smiling shyly because I feel awkward, but it was nice of them, and I do appreciate it.

"Mommy come see the fun cake we got you! Come on!" Kamaya exclaimed very excited as she runs to me and try to pull on my hand, but I still have to hold on my crutches.

"Baby, be careful with mommy, okay? She still has to go a little slow." Lena reprimanded and I wanted so badly to tell her to get off my back and leave me alone, but everyone was there, and in front on the kids, I didn't want to make a scene.

"I'm okay honey, let's see that cake." I say to the little girl, trying to go a little faster for I can't help it. She seems so happy that I'm here and she's so sweet...

I finally reach the table with the kids behind it smirking for that cake is a joke, it was on in a shape of two crutches cross together.

"Haha, so you guys are jokester, huh?" I says for I like them already. They really seem fun to hang out with.

"Wonder who they got that from..." Lena says as I can't help my smile even though I don't want to smile at her, but it was just so nice to see that apparently my children loved me and got after me in the joke area.

"Do you like it?" Kamaya asks me as it seems like she's not going to get away from me for anything, but I get it, to her eyes I'm her mom and if I know me, I must have been very affectionate with her like I am with Brandon, and I... well I don't mind.

"Yes, I love it sweets." I say, stroking her curly hair as she smiles at me, with sparks in her eyes.

"And well... thanks to all of you." I say, looking at all of them, now scanning the room wondering where my mom was since she said she was staying in the guest house right next to this one.

"Alright, let's eat!" Jesus exclaims as Brandon and Callie shake their head. I can tell my boy and Callie are the most serious ones, but they all seem pretty close and that is a good thing. I wish I had sibling growing up, life would have been less lonely and I'm so glad that I managed to give that to Brandon even though I still don't know how this happened.

I mean was I really a lesbian, like really, really? Twenty-five years with someone is huge, it's a whole life, and for me that was with a woman?

I know that I kind of liked my best friend back in high school and yeah, I've paid for it and never started that thing again, and it's true that with Mike it was... I mean I loved him, but it was never those things you see in movies like Brandon said, it was more like affection than real love because I can't affirm that I was ever in love with him, but was I really in love with Lena? Really? Her?

Also, that State Assembly thing... I don't know, my instinct is telling me that there's something in there. I mean, nobody quits the State Assembly just like that, it's a very important job, it's quite huge and Lena doesn't seem like the type of person who would do frauds or something like that so... I wonder... she answered every of my questions except for that one, so yeah it was suspicious.

Learning that I wasn't a cop anymore did a little something to my heart because I've always loved that job, but when Lena said that I was a social worker, it makes it less painful because it's still helping people and apparently, it's helping women and children, so I'm glad. I'm glad that all my life, I tried to be a good person and help people for I was kind of afraid that I was going to discover that I was in fact a jerk.