Chapter 31 (Amy) (Edited)

*****Edited by krisgee*****

 2011 © All Rights Reserved

Chapter 31 (Amy)

            Stevie held me as if I was the most precious thing to him.  We watched the sun come up and a peace settled over me.  Grandpop.  I knew that it had to be him coming to me and telling me that everything was going to be okay.

            “He’s here,” I whispered to Stevie.  I clutched at my heart where I would hold on to him forever.  “He is with me,” I repeated while we both stared out at the rising sun.  It was the most beautiful sight that I had ever seen.  

            I felt the kiss that Stevie pressed against my head and regretted my earlier childish outburst.  He was right, it was Grandpop’s time and no matter what, it was time for him to move on to a better place, a place of peace and serenity.

            “He will always watch over you, forever and always,” my mate whispered to me and the truth of his words was simply undeniable.  He would always watch over us, and over our family.

            As the warmth of the light bathed my face I felt Grandpop’s presence seep deep within my soul.  His strength surrounded me, giving me the power that I needed to move on.  Feeling much stronger now, I vowed that I would remember him for the life that he lived and not weep for the death that took him from me.  He would always be with me as long as I held onto him in my heart.

            I sat there nestled in my mate’s arms for an interminable amount of time as I let the peacefulness of the morning wash over me.  So much violence had happened in the last week, I needed this.  He needed this, this silent calm and tranquility that we had found in each others arms.

            Tilting my head I looked up at the strong jaw line of mate and admired how powerful he looked even just sitting here in the still quiet of the morning.  I couldn’t help myself; lifting my hand I traced that jaw line that held a dark shadow of the early morning growth of his whiskers.

            At my touch he looked down at me and cocked his head.  He took one of his hands and palmed my cheek and with those deep brown eyes of his he looked at me with nothing but concern.

            “Hey there Princess, how are you doing?” he asked in a softened tone.  I couldn’t help but smile at the gentleness this big strong man shared with me.

            “I’m doing better,” I told him sincerely.  It still hurt knowing that Grandpop was gone, but honestly I felt better knowing that I held him so close to my heart.

            Stevie searched my face and his careful tenderness touched me soul deep.  Without thinking I leaned up and pressed a kiss to his lips.  He stilled at first not sure how to react to my attentions.

            “Princess,” he called out into my mind with some hesitancy.  “Are you sure that you want to do this?”

            I pulled back so that I could see him better.  His dark brown eyes, those eyes that pulled me to him the first time that I looked into them, called out to me.  This was my mate, my life partner.  I was ready for anything and everything when it came to him.  

            I didn’t answer him through the mental bond, instead I turned myself in his lap so that I was straddling him and pressed another more determined kiss on his firm strong lips.  This time I used purpose to answer his question and when he wrapped his muscled arms around my back I knew that he understood my answer.

            I opened my mouth to him and let him take over.  He slowly and tenderly explored my mouth and with every slide of his tongue I felt the obvious love that he had for me.  He was telling me with the actions of his mouth how much he wanted me, needed me and at that single moment I needed him like a crack addict needed their next fix.