Chapter 25 (Amy) (Edited)

*****Edited by krisgee*****

 2011 © All Rights Reserved

Chapter 25 (Amy)

            I couldn’t help but to smile at my Grandpop.  He looked physically weaker due to his illness, but he sure made up for it with his abundance of spirit.  We were all laughing happily when I heard the door creak open.  All three of us turned to the intrusion and my face paled when I spotted my dad standing at the door. 

            He didn’t look like the same loving dad that I was so used come home to everyday after school.  His face was contorted with anger and anyone with half a brain could see that he was harboring one very pissed off wolf.

            “Is that so Dad?” he replied through his extended canine teeth. I took special notice off how his hands were tightly fisted at his sides and how his body started to vibrate with rage.

            Stevie stood and pulled me up to his side.  He laid a possessive arm across my shoulder and glared at my father.  Oh God, I thought to myself.  He was staking his claim in front of my extremely pissed off father.  This was so not going to be good.

            Grandpop stood from his chair and walked forward so that he had positioned himself in front of us.

            “Grandpop,” I whispered fiercely.  “Sit back down, please.”  He glanced back at me and affectionately patted my cheek. 

            “Hush girl, my son will not harm me.  He may throw a temper tantrum but he still holds his respect for his father, so you don’t worry about a thing.”

            I lifted a questioning brow to Grandpop before looking back at my dad.  His words didn’t give me any confidence at all.  My father looked like he was ready to kill.

            “You may be correct in that assumption Dad,” my father sneered.  “However I have no qualms with taking that pup behind you and teaching him a lesson or two about respecting his Alpha’s wishes,” my father said as he took several steps closer to us.  Grandpop turned around so that he was facing my father and straightened his spine.

            “Son, you listen here and you listen well.  Your daughter has found her mate and a damn strong one from what I can tell.  He seems to be an honorable wolf and I have sensed no lies coming from him.   His wolf has more than proved it’s worth in daring to stand here in front of you today, ready to defend his claim.“

            My father rolled his shoulders and settled his eyes on Stevie.  His breaths increased and I watched in horror as his claws extended.

            “Daddy, no!” I screamed as he started to stalk towards us.

            He halted for a moment and his gaze switched to mine.  Sympathy bled through his eyes as he continued to stare at me.  I watched as my father finally closed his own eyes and in a guttural voice he continued.

            “She is my baby.  She isn’t even eighteen yet.  All I asked for was four months, four fucking months.”

            Daddy opened his eyes and they turned that obsidian black color.  He snapped his head back in Stevie’s direction and snarled, “And you couldn’t even give us the four months like we asked.  For that alone pup, your punishment will be my pleasure.”

            “That’s not going to happen,” Grandpop replied in an authoritative tone.  His words were so clear and precise it was hard to tell who was really the Alpha in this room.