Chapter 21 (Amy) (Edited)

*****Edited by krisgee*****

 2011 © All Rights Reserved

Chapter 21 (Amy)

            There we were again, standing at the bottom of the porch in front of my house.  My mate was by my side holding my hand strongly and his mother was standing strong behind us.  I should feel comfortable about walking in my own home to face my family but the moment we stepped out of the car my strength faltered miserably.

            “I don’t think I can do this,” I whispered fiercely to Stevie while pulling back on his arm.

            He stopped and turned around to face me.  Placing his hands on my shoulders he lent me an insurmountable amount of strength.

            “Yes you can, Princess.  I will be right by your side,” he replied while gazing deeply into my eyes.  That one look told me all that I needed to know.  No matter what happened, he was with me.  He would support me and stay by my side.  I nodded my head and blew out a big breath of air.

            “Alright, let’s do this.”  He smiled that beautiful smile of his and my insides instantly melted.  Leaning down he brushed a soft kiss against my lips and then pulled me beside him.

            “Come on, Princess,” he said while leading me to the front door.  We paused momentarily and I shook off my jitters.

            “Ready?” Stevie asked, a steady force by my side.

            “Ready,” I assured him and opened the door.  The three of us found ourselves standing in the foyer enveloped in an eerie silence. 

            “Where is everyone?” I murmured while looking around.

            “Amy,” I heard my dad my say name from his study.  At the sound of his voice my body tensed and Stevie squeezed my hand in reassurance.  

            “It’s me Daddy,” I answered while pulling my mate with me and heading in the direction of his voice.

            “Amy,” I heard again and this time it was my mother’s voice.

            “I’m coming Mama,” I answered back.  Then we were there.  My parents stood in front of us and I couldn’t bring myself to look at them.

            “Amy,” my Mama spoke softly.  “Are you okay?”  Her tone was so gentle and welcoming.  I looked up at her concerned face and my eyes instantly burned with unshed tears.  I felt Stevie squeeze my hand once again offering me some of his strength.

            “I’m fine Mama,” I replied solemnly.  As soon as the words left my mouth I found myself wrapped in a warm pair of feminine arms.

    “Thank the Moon Goddess you’re safe,” Mama whispered in my ear.  She hugged me tight for a second longer before releasing me and falling back in her place beside Daddy.

            Daddy’s eyebrows twitched the way they always did when he was contemplating something just before he held his arms open.  Without hesitation I ran to him and let him enfold in a smothering embrace.

            “I love you baby girl.  We will always love you.  Don’t you ever forget that.”

            “I won’t,” I spoke with my face turned into his chest.  I felt him place a kiss on the top of my head and heard his deep inhale of my scent.