Chapter 2 (Steven) (Edited)

*****Edited by krisgee*****

 2011 © All Rights Reserved

Chapter 2- Steven

            Another year, another home, and another school.  It is so damn frustrating to move over and over again.  Never being able to set down any roots or make any real friends.  A mate is definitely out of the question.  A life of running is what my mother, brother and I have been forced into, and it sucks, big time.  Our father - no I wouldn’t even call him a father but rather our sperm donor - decided to have an affair with our old pack Alpha’s mate.  Not only did he have an affair and break our mother’s heart, but his actions had condemned our entire family to death.  For seven years, our family has been on the run.  We can never stay in one place longer than a year because the pack continues to hunt us.  The Alpha will never stop until we are all surely dead.

            I walked into the new school and the first place I searched for was the office.  After roaming the halls for what seemed like forever, I finally asked a little dweeb that was standing by a locker.

            “Hey man, can you point me to the office?” I asked interjecting authority in my tone. He looked as if he was about to piss in his pants with his wide eyes and trembling hands.

            “Dude?” I questioned again “Office?  Direction?”

            Slowly his hand came up and he pointed down the hall.  Barely audible, he whispered, “Straight down, second hall to the left, office is on the right.”

            I, being a wolf, was able to hear him perfectly.  I slapped him on the back as a gesture of thanks and turned on my heels feeling better now that I knew where I was going.

            I followed his directions to the tee and voila, when I took the left there stood the big OFFICE sign on the right.  With a little pep in my step I strode purposefully to the door.  I was about to reach down and push it open when, oomph, a sexy little number slammed straight into me.  She wobbled slightly and I reached out to help her balance.

            My first thoughts were wow, what a way to start the first day of school.  Her head slowly upturned and our eyes locked.  For several moments there was nothing but me and this blonde haired beauty standing in front of me.  She looked at me expectantly before realization dawned on me.   Uh oh, the term mate whispered in my mind.

            Shocks were sparking all over my skin and I instantly felt a fierce arousal growing in my pants.  No. No. No.  This could not be happening to me right now.  It was hard enough trying to keep my family alive, much less deal with the fact that I had found my mate. 

            My breathing increased rapidly as she looked at me with those angelic blue eyes of hers.  I had to taste her.  I had to touch her.  I wanted my smell all over her so than any of the local wolves in the area would know I was staking my claim.  Going off pure instinct I pushed her into the corner and ravaged those pretty pink lips.  I let my tongue slide into her mouth and tasted a hint of bacon.  A slight moan escaped her lips encouraging me to plunder her mouth.  I absorbed every touch, every taste and still I couldn’t get enough of this girl. She would easily drive a good man to drinking.  Hell, I could get drunk just off of her, I thought to myself.

            What was I doing?  I couldn’t do this.  If she truly was my mate, I couldn’t endanger her.  If my pack found out about her they’d hunt her too, as well as her family.  The decree was made to kill all those in the Harper blood line.  That would include any future mates.