59

"I'm Danny, Oli's mate from Beverly, England. Survived the Titanic, I did-"

"Only because you turned before it sank, otherwise you'd be dead", I reminded him. Danny argued in his defense while I nudged his bags inside with my foot. Andy stood silently by the banister, well aware that he was now outnumbered.

"Oi, Andy's here!" Danny grinned. "How goes the slaying, mate?"

Andy looked to the ground before locking eyes with Danny. "Good, I guess. Trying to keep Oliver controlled."

"I heard about what you did to Mitch. I'm surprised you two are together like this. Who are these fleshies?"

I kept a firm hand on Thorne's shoulder. "Danny, these are my house guests Thorne, Nikki, and Valerie", I informed. "They're...body snatchers."

"And don't mind Oliver's over possessiveness with Thorne", Andy mused. "The Right of Blood's been instated."

"Can we stop saying that?" Thorne demanded.

"I try not to meddle in it too much myself", Danny said. "The Right's just too messy. Do you know who complained? It's so dumb. Richards hates people who complain he just never-"

"Is Richards your Community head?" Valerie asked.

"Yeah, Keith Richards", Danny shrugged. "Anyway, he doesn't take complaints. Oli, move back home. You'll love the English winter-"

"I rather like how warm it is here", I interrupted. "Danny, can I take your bags and show you upstairs?"