31

Thorne's POV

"That's the fourth time you've stirred up your coffee without putting anything in it."

I glanced up from the bitter liquid to look at Andy. "I'm sorry. I'm just...kind of distracted", I mumbled.

He tilted his head to the side. "Oh? Why's that?"

"It's nothing."

"It's something", Andy purred. "Thorne, tell me what's wrong."

"Nothing's wrong, okay?"

The slayer folded his arms angrily. "I swear to whatever higher power there is, I will find out. Why don't you just make it easy and tell me?"

"Oliver bit me, okay?" I demanded. "We had a tiff and it just happened."

"Thorne, do you have any idea how bad that is?!" Andy gasped. "Do you know what kind of doors you've opened up for him?! He's got your taste and he's going to crave it and-"

"He left me alone well enough before he brought me here."

"He brought you here?! Thorne-"

"Looks like the leash isn't as tight as you think", I muttered. "Just don't worry about it, okay? If it happens again, I'll tell you or something."

Andy frowned, his white lips nearly pouting. "Thorne, I really don't like this", he murmured.

"And you think I do?!" I gasped. "I didn't sign up for this! I went out to dig up a fucking body and wound up being in cahoots with you and Oliver. I don't want this!"