51

I looked at Oliver, trying to determine if he had already made his decision. My life was literally in his hands. He could keep me here and wear himself out trying to fend off people like Andy or he could kick me out leaving me without any kind of protection from these undead blood suckers. I liked Oliver and he kept saying we were friends but the guy was so self absorbed, I wouldn't be surprised if he took the easy route and told me to leave. He watched me watch him for a bit longer before laughing.

"Thorne, you can stop looking at me like that", Oliver snickered. "It's 11 o'clock at night and I've already wasted this much time with you that I might as well keep you around."

"Seriously?" I asked, letting go a sigh of relief I didn't know I had.

"My dear, I've spent the majority of my life being hunted. I'm not going to force a little rabbit like you into a world full of hungry wolves."

While I didn't like the idea of being a rabbit, I was pretty happy that Oliver was letting me stay here. Who else in the world could be a vampire? I had never known Kellin was one until Oliver sent me to him. Who else did I see regularly that was one? I reached up and kissed Oliver's cold dead lips, relishing in the strange safe feeling a corpse gave me.

"Thorne, you do know that there will be rules from now on?"

"I don't care", I replied, kissing him again.

"Well...that's just for...your own...good... as I can't...watch you...all the...time", he explained between each little peck on the lips. Oliver pulled away before I could do it again and smiled. "Do you understand?" he questioned. He waited for me to nod before giving in to me. I straddled his lap and ran my fingers through his hair as I nibbled on his neck. Oliver groaned, rolling his head back on the pillows to make it easier for me to suck on his pasty flesh.

"Erm, Thorne", he gasped. "This really, oh, isn't...necessary."

Despite what he said, Oliver's hand found the lower part of my back and tried pulling me closer. I broke momentarily from his skin and laughed. "It's probably not necessary but I really want to", I said. I had no idea what possessed me to want Oliver so bad. After all, I should've been happy that he was keeping me safe from the other vampires. Thanking him just didn't feel like enough though.

"Thorne, darling", he sighed, grabbing my shoulders. "I would love to do this with you but how do I know this isn't just because I'm keeping you here?" We locked eyes and I frowned. No, that's not what I was doing. This wasn't some stupid thank you. I just...wanted to. "Plus with the Right being reinstated on me, I'd kind of like some time to just think about what I'm going to do-"

"Reinstated?" I asked. "What does that mean?"

"Well, obviously, I've had mortals here before", Oliver answered.