35

Thorne's POV

I gingerly opened the front door, looking over my shoulder like I was expecting my siblings to be here or Kellin to leave. We were greeted to loud music, Marilyn Manson's voice caressing our ears as he screamed something about God being "JUST A STAH-TISS-TICK". Oliver came twirling into the front hall with a broom in his hands as he swung his hips to the music.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Oliver yelled, happily sweeping the wood floors. Kellin and I glanced at each other before bursting into a fit of giggles. Oliver spun around and saw us and probably would've blushed if what little blood was left in his body would let him. "What're you doing here?!" he gasped. "You weren't supposed to be home for a while! And Kellin!"

I yanked Kellin inside as Oliver pulled a remote out of his pocket. The music died down some so we could still talk. "I wanted to be sure that my favourite accomplice was safe from you", Kellin said seriously, straightening himself up.

Oliver rolled his eyes. "Botswick, I'm not going to suck her dry or keep feeding on her or whatever. It was a mistake. I fuck up too, believe it or not."

"I don't care Oliver", Kellin stated. "This is serious."

"I know it is!"

"Guys, I just want to know Oliver's not going to eat me in my sleep", I mumbled.

"I won't", Oliver hissed.

"How do I know that?" Kellin questioned.

Oliver threw his hands out, broom still clasped harshly in one. "Would you like to stay here too then?" he proffered.

Kellin shook his head. "No. I can't. I have business elsewhere."

"Like back at your lab?" Oliver asked. "Tell me how that body's coming along?"

The medical student grinned to himself. "I'll have you know, Justin will be amongst the world of the living soon. I've found the secret to reanimating the dead!"

"That's great", Oliver smiled, wrapping an arm around Kellin. "You should bring him to my party next month. Unveil him in front of the community."

"OmiGod", Kellin gasped. "You would let me do that? On your birthday?"

"Who am I to deny a friend?" Oliver grinned, shoving Kellin out the front door. "I'll see you then. Tatty-bye!" I stood awkwardly by the stairs as Oliver slammed the door shut and locked it.

"Seriously, Thorne", Oliver sighed. "Do you really not trust me enough to keep bringing people over?"

"I think you can answer that", I mumbled.

Oliver picked at his lip and shrugged. "I'm cleaning", he said, like I couldn't already have figured it out. "The house gets dusty fairly quick and since the locals are too superstitious to come here-"

"For good reason-"

"Yeah, yeah, good reason. I have to clean it myself. Stay out of my way and I'll stay out of yours, alright?" he asked. I nodded and flopped down on the couch. Oliver tossed me the remote before leaning over me. "And Thorne? You taste amazing but unlike other vampires, I know it would be rude to abuse my guests in such a fashion." 3 minutes ago