56

There was a loud thumping downstairs and it just about pissed me off. I ignored it, shoving my head under my pillows until my Galaxy started buzzing on the nightstand. In annoyance, I reached out for it only to see a name I hadn't read in ages flashing across my screen. "Hullo?" I answered.

"Oli, is that you? Great. Come open this damned door!" demanded Danny. "It's too hot outside for you to just leave me standing here-"

"I think you're allowed to come in", I replied. My mind suddenly told me I was forgetting something, but I couldn't think of what.

"My hands are full, Sykes. Even if I wanted to-"

"Danny, I'm in bed", I whined. What the Hell did I need to remember.

"Oli mate, you can crawl down here for a few moments to open the door. I'm sure your guests won't mind."

"Guests?" I questioned. The only cars we had were Beau Bokan's Jeep and the Craigs' little black piece of scrap metal. All my vehicles were in the carriage house, but it's not like Danny didn't know that.

"Yeah. There's a little black car, Beau's Jeep, and a black Impala-"

"What the Hell? What does the Impala look like?" I demanded, already knowing exactly what it looked like. It had a nice spoiler, dual exhaust, a custom thin silver stripe down the sides, a silver crucifix hanging from the rear view mirror, all of which Danny reeled off in perfect detail. I threw myself out of bed, not bothering to put on a shirt since I was already wearing pajama pants-what more did I need?- and stormed out of my room. Thorne's door was shut but I didn't mind. I didn't mind one tiny bit, not even when I kicked a hole through it and nearly ripped it off its hinges. Thorne bolted up in bed as Ballsack, Andy fucking Ballsack leapt to her defense.

"Thorne, what the Hell is this?!" I wailed, throwing my phone and Danny's quizzical voice to the side. This was what I needed to remember. The fact that Thorne had left last night for who only knows why.

"Oliver, you let her walk out last night", Andy barked, stepping between me and Thorne. "You-anything could've happened to her and you just let her march on out there!" He looked flustered but I didn't care. As any kind host would do, I shoved Andy aside and reached for Thorne.

"Are you okay? What did he touch?" I questioned, inspecting her sickly skin for marks. "Don't you ever leave my house like that again, do you understand?"