1

Thorne's POV

It was easy. Break into the cemetery, find the tomb, take the body, bring it back to the med students. Anyone who thought body snatching wasn't happening to this day was wrong. For me and my brother, it was pretty easy. We were from New Orleans, Louisiana where we could break into above ground tombs and pull out fresh bodies. Due to the high water tables, nobody buried bodies since they'd float up to the surface or contaminate the water.

Living here didn't mean it was a clean job though. The tombs people are placed in are sealed and over the year and the day the bodies are there, they basically get cremated due to the heat and humidity. The remains are placed in a bag and thrown into the back of the tomb with some others, thus creating a clear space for the family's next deceased member. Decaying remains were a problem if the corpse decided it was going to somehow get stuck them. Nikki, my brother, was waiting in the car for me to return with our friend. I found the most recent grave I could, one labeled Oliver Scot Sykes.

"Well, Mr. Sykes, time to rejoin the land of the living", I giggled, swinging out my crowbar. I hooked it around the seal, planning to pop it open when someone's hand slid over my mouth.

"Listen, if you want to live, come with me", cooed a cockney voice. I was picked up and taken to a nearby mausoleum that my captor and I hid inside of.

"Who are you and what do you want?!" I gasped. A pale hand slammed over my mouth again as the voice lit a match. I was greeted to a white face with brown eyes and dark hair.

"I have questions for you too lass, like why the Hell you're trying to plunder my grave", the man said. "Now be quiet and don't. Say. A word." He held a finger up to his lips and turned his attention to the small stained glass window. I stared at him for a moment before realizing what he said. My grave. Oh God, this was the corpse I was going to steal. But he's alive? I poked him a little, checking him for warmth or life signs. Oliver grabbed my wrist and put my hand on random places on his body like his neck, chest, wrist, and mid arm.