47

"Oliver", I called, throwing open his bedroom door. It was 11 o'clock at night, we had come home from shopping hours ago, and he still hadn't told me about this Blood Rite or Right of Blood or whatever it was.

The vampire was sitting on his bed, staring at his television that played Grave Encounters but I don't think he was really watching it. His brown eyes just stared blankly as if his brain was somewhere else. "Oliver", I repeated, shutting the door forcefully behind me in hopes that the slam would earn me attention.

He didn't even bother to look at me, but he did acknowledge me. "Oh, Thorne, you're here", Oliver said softly. "What's up lassie?"

"Well, for one thing, it's 11", I began. "We've been home since five. It's not light outside, so now seems like a great time for you to tell me what was up with Andy and that other guy."

He glanced at me, his brown eyes looking tired for the first time since we met. Oliver was kind of melancholy himself and not trying to get into things. Whatever this thing was, it was serious. It left him looking like that kid who got grounded for having a bad grade on his report card. "Why don't we go to sleep instead?" Oliver suggested, lying down on his side. I folded my arms and leaned against his bed post.

"No. I want to know about this thing today."

"Thorne, just let me handle it. You-"

"Oliver, I want to know and I think I have a right to know. I'm your girlfriend after all", I snickered.

He looked at me and rolled his eyes. "I only said that so Andy would back off", Oliver stated. I felt my facial muscles try pulling themselves into a frown but I didn't let them. I knew I wasn't Oliver's girlfriend but...why did I hate it when he said it? "You're my friend. Not his." He rolled over, pushing himself up so he could prop his back up with the pillows. Oliver didn't say anything else so I tried again.

"Well even if we're just friends, I want to know. You dragged me into this. You get to tell me what's what."

"Why would you trust someone else to tell you what's up and what's down?" Oliver purred. "What's left and what's right?"

"Omifuck, Sykes. What was this thing with you and Andy today? Just tell me."