25

"So, we have a mutual friend?" I asked, handing him the shot. The man looked up and I saw a pair of ever so familiar clear eyes.

"Thorne?" Kellin questioned.

"Kellin?" I replied.

"Oliver sent you?" he asked.

"You associate with Oliver?" I smirked. We kept our eyes locked for a few moments as everything I knew about Kellin clicked. "You're like him aren't you?" I asked.

Kellin shook his head. "I don't know what you're talking about", he muttered.

"Kells, it's alright", I laughed. "I-I'm just new to this scene. Um, why don't we go somewhere and talk? Walk with me?"

The pretty-boy medical student shrugged and swallowed the shot I brought him. I swallowed mine and together, we left. "So how do you know Sykes?" he questioned.

"I uh, ran into him at the cemetery the other night", I answered. "He was trying to get away from Andy Biersack."

Kellin laughed. "There's a fight I don't want to be a part of", he smiled. "So you've picked a side?"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

He shrugged as we dodged people on the sidewalk. "You're working with Oliver. That means you're on his side, right?"

"I'm not on a side", I said.

"Craigs, c'mon", Kellin smiled. "Even we don't pick sides in the underground."

"Then what do you do?"

"Well..." Kellin trailed off and looked away, like he was thinking. "We do business with the both of them. You know, I can get blood bags from the hospital. But like, I'm not going to sell one out to the other or anything. Or... work with one exclusively."

"If you can get blood bags, what do you need all these bodies for?" I questioned.

"First of all, I'm a medical student", Kellin giggled. "Second..." He lowered his voice and pulled me closer so he could whisper in my ear. "I read Frankenstein and did a report on it for my ethics class about trying to play God and stuff and thought 'well why don't I try that myself?'"

I shivered. This most terrifying thing about that was that Kellin was smart enough he might actually be able to do it. 'Obviously, I need to right parts for the specimen", Kellin continued. "I've been observing the obituaries and there a fairly decent looking one that was just entombed today. Can you get it for me? It's an older guy, good for first step type stuff. He was a construction worker who had a heart attack. I'm willing to spot 500 for Carl Reid."

"Alright then", I shrugged. "Do you know where he's at?"

"In our usual spot", Kellin assured. "Meet me behind the library once you have him."