16

Oliver straightened up some and became rigid. Suddenly, he smiled and stood up. "Let's go inside", he said rather loudly. "I have homemade cheesecake in the fridge and I don't want the bugs getting to it!" He rushed us all in and locked the back door.

"Is everything okay?" Nikki asked. "Dude, you're being weird."

"Dude, I think Ballsack is hanging around here", Oliver hissed. "Thorne, you brought him here, didn't you?"

"I didn't bring anyone here!" I argued.

He glowered when there was a knock on the door. "Well, you have to answer it", Valerie pointed out. "This dude already knows that we're here."

Oliver glared at me a little. "Why not let Thorne get it? She brought him here?" he growled.

"But it's your house", I snapped, grabbing Oliver by the wrist. I drug him to his front door where the knocking was persisting. He wrenched it open and unsurprisingly, Andy was there.

"Hey, Oliver! I was in the neighborhood and-Thorne, you're here", Andy grinned.

"Can I help you?" Oliver questioned, folding his arms. Andy was rocking on his feet outside the doorway and I wondered if he could come inside or not. One of the many rumors about vampires is that they have to be invited inside after all.

"Well, like I said, I was in the neighborhood so I figured why not visit my best friend?"

"How do you know Thorne?" Oliver was being fairly short with his questions, like he didn't want to play games.

"I met her at the gas station today and invited her for drinks!" Andy announced. "Thorne, would you like to come with me now? We can-"

"Dude! Who's this?!" gasped Nikki, walking into the entry hall. "Come on in. We're about to have cheesecake."

Andy smiled at Oliver and stepped through the doorway like this was a huge triumph. As he introduced himself to Nikki, Oliver pulled me into a separate room. "Listen, Thorne", Oliver began, looking around for a light switch. He pulled on a chain and I realized this "room" was just a large broom closet. "You need to stay away from him. Ballsack is trouble."

"And you're not?" I replied sarcastically.