11

"I'm awake", I mumbled. Cold fingertips gripped my chin and jerked my head up. My eyes snapped open and I locked eyes with Oliver.

"No you're not", he chuckled. "You're sleeping!"

"Well-"

"Well nothing", Oliver smiled. He sat me up and beamed. "Go home and get some sleep but be back here by seven with your siblings so you can try my Cajun shrimp, alright?"

"You want me back here?" I questioned.

Oliver rolled his eyes. "Of course! We're friends now!"

I nodded slowly and stood up. Oliver helped me get downstairs and get in my car. "Seven. Remember that", he said sternly.

"I know", I replied.

Oliver reached through the window and kissed me softly. His lips felt like electricity on my skin. Quickly he pulled away and grinned. "Remember, love, Ballsack isn't the only one with your scent", he winked. I tried to wrap my head around what that meant and why he kissed me. I was at least a little more alert now, just enough that I was semi-agitated when he kicked my car tires. "Get going!" he yelled. "You can't see me if you get home late and sleep in!" I smirked and turned on the car. Oliver waved enthusiastically at me.

"I'll see you later!" he called. "Either for dinner or a late night snack!" From his grin, I knew he was joking but it still made me shiver. The thought of being eaten wasn't really appealing so I decided that tonight Nikki, Valerie, and I would take Oliver's offer of free shrimp in turn for the safety of my neck.