19

"Basically you invited him here. Did you missed the part where I talked about smells and hunting?" Oliver propped himself up against a shelf of cleaning chemicals. "Now I have to hire a new staff which means having a job so Andy can't try to kill me because he has to pretend to be huma- Thorne. You have a job."

"Yeah?" I replied. "And?"

"Well, why don't you charge extra for the bodies? You and Nikki both. And I can move Valerie's voodoo store to a much more central area and revamp it. All you have to do is move in here and give me your money so we can-"

"Seriously Oliver?" I questioned. "You come to my house, make us buy you food, make me drop you off, force us back over here, blame me for your unwanted guest, and now you want to-"

Oliver batted his eyes at me and smiled. His pupils dilated a little as a fuzzy, dizzy feeling came over me. "Thorne, it wouldn't be that bad", he cooed, pressing against me. "Think of it as playing Cinderella! Besides, giving me your money won't be so bad. I can give you everything you could ever need. I've been alive forever you-'

"Is this some kind of vampire hypnosis?" I asked, leaning on Oliver. My knees were kind of wobbly and my mind didn't feel like my own. It felt like I was being pulled by something.

He smiled. "Yeah, you're pretty smart", Oliver cooed, wrapping his arms around me. "If you plan on going out with Andy, then I wanna go with you. You know, just to make sure you're alright."

"Of course I'll be alright", I grinned. "I'm a grave robber!"

Oliver kept smiling. "I dunno, you let me pull you into a broom closet", he laughed. "We can go as soon as you agree to move in though. I need you here."

The logical answer was no but I said yes anyway. I couldn't move in with Oliver since he was just using us and the envelope would probably get pushed but I had to. We probably wouldn't be able to afford the building the shop was in anymore and what was so bad about living in a plantation house for the price of a body? Oliver grinned and pressed his forehead to mine.

"I promise you won't regret it", he said brightly. "Now let's go make Ballsack wish he hadn't invited you out, shall we?"