Chapter 39

Tw:⚠️ and prepare yourselves for this chapter.
———————————————————————
Bree's POV:

"They're firing at us from all cylinders!" I yelled out to my team who were taking covering behind the same steel, compact wall I was as bullets were continuously being fired." Split up and take them out as fast you can. We need to get to the basement level fast. Got it?!"

"Got it!" Everyone yelled back in unison and they all took off running in different directions, luring the guards away from this corridor.

"Bree, get downstairs as soon as you can. Jack and Ariel need your help. They're outnumbered!" Ryan came onto the line and informed me, sounding panicked while I could hear frequent typing happening.

"I'm on way!" I responded back, and fired one last shot at an approaching guard before running towards a stairwell that lead to the fire exit.

I pushed the door open and sprinted down the stairwell, almost stumbling down several steps due to so much adrenaline flowing through my veins. We're so close to reaching our end goal. So close.

I finally made it down the last staircase, my breathing echoing in the narrow stairwell and tried to push the door open to see it was jammed or locked.

"Fucking brilliant." I muttered to myself in frustration.

Thinking of nothing else, I launch myself at the door, using my shoulder to knock into it. I could feel pain spreading throughout my arm, but it wasn't that noticeable due to so much adrenaline, but I felt the door give way slightly.

I backed up slightly and used my heavy, combat boot to kick the door, and with a loud crash, the metal door swung open and as I walked out, from the corner of my eye, I saw a guard fire a gunshot at me.

I immediately reacted and rolled backwards, into the stairwell, and heard more shots being fired.

"Bree, are you okay?!" I heard Ariel yell out. I must be close to them if I can hear them this clear.

"I'm fine, don't worry." I call back as I carefully approach the door and I peer at the guards blocking our path at the end of corridor. I look to myself left and see Ariel and Jack hiding behind a wall, narrowly avoiding a turret of bullets being fired at them.

I turn back to the guards and monitor their movements. Five males, all around 5'9-6ft tall, heavy builds, all use their right hand which means it's their dominant hand. The two guards up close used two hands to grip the gun and all have the same model gun. The model that they're using has limited compartments but the bullets are fired quickly and can sustain a lot of damage.

Then, I figured out the best strategy to going about this.

"Guys, we have to draw their attention and have them fire all of their bullets at us so they'll have to reload their guns, that way we'll have an opening to strike them all down. But, we need to time it exact." I informed Jack and Ariel through the ear piece while continuing to look at the guards, who are anticipating our next attack.

"Got it." They both replied in unison.

"I'll draw their fire long enough to hopefully empty their barrels, and give you two an opening to attack them." Jack responded while I could hear him reloading his gun.

"Are you sure? It's risky. And the corridor is far too narrow for you to dodge any of the bullets." I asked, worried that he could get hurt.